What's new

Cats and Dogs Widescreen DVD (1 Viewer)

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone been able to find this DVD? I live in Richmond, Va and have been to every store I can think of and am unable to find it. I've been to Tower Records, Suncoast, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City and Camelot Music and have not been able to locate this one yet. Each store has plenty of pan and scan discs, but no widescreen. I even tried to special order the widescreen disc at Suncoast and was told that the widescreen version does not exist. I would think that there are other Home Theater enthusiasts that live in this area that would not settle for less than owning a disc in its OAR format, but yet every retailer seems to carry stock for Joe Public. Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent and this is the best place I could think of to get it off my shoulders.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Keith, welcome to the forum!
I would suggest that you call that Suncoast and ask to talk to a manager and INSIST that a widescreen dvd does indeed exist! I find it sad beyond words that a major chain like Suncoast isn't aware of this!
What the hell is Warner up to!?!?
furious.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 01, 2001 at 09:27 AM]

Margo

Agent
You can order this on-line easily enough. I received mine from DVDEmpire this past week. Good luck!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The music store that I'm trying to get this disc from keeps getting told by their distributer "you'll have it next Friday". This is the 3rd week they were told that! The store's attitude is now "we'll believe it when we see it".
I called Best Buy corporate HQ and spoke to a Consumer Relations person. She sent an e-mail to one of their buyers about this and Wonka WS. She expects an answer on Friday, since the buyers tend to travel on Thursdays. She is supposed to forward that response to my home e-mail address.
I will definately share with HTF the results of that inquiry.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Looking the in computer at Best Buy (work their PT), Cats and Dogs WS is in the system and on order for all the stores in my area so I assume it is the case everywhere else. The Wonka WS DVD was not in the system though. I chose to order it via the internet.

CraigR

Agent
They didn't have it at the local Best Buy (all full screen versions) and I stopped by DVD Planet in my area which did have the widescreen version. I believe you can get it at their internet site www.dvdplanet.com as well. Good Luck

Gary Tjia

Stunt Coordinator
The widescreen version is being released later than the full screen version. The B&M stores are probably still waiting for the delivery. However, I got mine online from DEEPDISCOUNTDVD which has the best price and no shipping cost (no sales tax, too :)). I ordered it last week and received it this week.
Gary

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I was able to pick this up at a local brick and morter the morning of the street date. I didn't realize at the time that I was so lucky.

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
I got my copy at my local Tower Video this past Monday. They had heaps of them, and while the pan and scan version was also available, the widescreen version was the only version placed in their "Top 20" best sellers area. Good News!
I'm so glad I didn't let those negative reviews of the film
affect my decision to buy this film. It's a fun family film and perfect escapist fare. The transfer is terrific too!
Cheers!
Harry
------------------
i'm not policing what you think and dream...
-Tori Amos "Concertina"

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my W-I-D-E-S-C-R-E-E-N version of "Cats & Dogs" earlier this week from amazon.com and it's terrific! :)
[Edited last by Paul Anthony on November 01, 2001 at 07:39 PM]

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I received my widescreen copy of Cats & Dogs from Digital Eyes last Saturday and it is a fantastic looking/sounding DVD.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Timothy Doane

Auditioning
All right, another Richmond dvd lover!! I as well was at the Best Buy on broad street last night looking for a WS copy of Cats and Dogs.....no luck :/
-Tim

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Timothy and Keith (fellow Richmonders) - I usually buy my DVDs at the Best Buy on the Southside, and they've always carried plenty of copies of each version on titles where pan-and-scan and widescreen are both available. I've always thought that Best Buy - or at least this particular store - seemed sympathetic to the OAR cause. In fact, when Willy Wonka was released in Pan-and-scan only a couple months ago, all the copies at this Best Buy were tucked into a corner in the back of the "Family" DVD section and partially obscured!
I have not checked there for Cats & Dogs, but if there are no widescreen copies, I'll bet it's because corporate or the suppliers aren't making it available.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I talked to Best Buy corporate last week. They replied to me via e-mail, after asking a buyer. They say:
I was told that the widescreen version of "Cats and Dogs" should be arriving at the stores during the week of November 6th. Also, our buyer confirmed that Warner has not yet verified when they will release the widescreen version of "Willy Wonka." They hope to have it available for sale possibly late January or early February. However, all statements are estimates from the manufacturer. Please know that exact dates cannot be provided.
I called Josh, our friend at WB in the Publicity Dept. He says Wonka is definatley on-track for Nov. 13th, and can't understand why I cannot find C&D anywhere in widescreen. He says any decision not to have these in store on their street dates is the decision of the retailer.
I suspect that the actual truth is somewhere between these two extremes, but I've sent Best Buy a note with Josh's statement. I still await their reply.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks