What's new

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only) (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Another one off my list of HD DVD exclusives. Only 6 left from my collection. Good to know if I need to replace any. To think, when this list was first put up, I had nearly 150 titles on it.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I have about 35 HD-DVDs, but Sneakers is the only one I really care about. I would probably put my player in the closet if I could get that on Blu. The other factor is that I've already had to replace my first HD-DVD player due to it failing and the new one is incredibly temperamental with my receiver for some reason, 90% of the time it doesn't pick up sound and I go through and change settings that are correct then change back sometimes it works. Everything else I care about I already have replaced or will the next time I have the urge to watch.Sneakers is the entire reason my HD-DVD player remains connected.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I need to re-purge my HD-DVD collection as well. Last I cared to check for the BD version was almost 18 months ago. I don't have Sneakers, but I do have a few concert/music discs that I doubt have made the changeover.

When I left my prior employer, we had around 100 un-opened Tranformers that we couldn't give away if we tried. We also had a few titles in other file drawers...nothing I didn't already have.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brandon Conway said:
I don't recall Liar Liar ever having a previous BD release...?
It's available on Amazon, but it could be another region release as Amazon does that a lot with many titles.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Noach Kowalski said:
Sneakers is available on Blu in Germany and it's region free
It comes out tomorrow actually, fun. Since Universal now has a Blu master of this, I'll give it 6 months to see if we get a domestic release, then if not that might be something I get, but I HATE non-US discs, its an irrational thing. I've only ever gotten 2 for things that either weren't going to come out here or were going to be a couple years wait.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Moe Dickstein said:
It comes out tomorrow actually, fun.Since Universal now has a Blu master of this, I'll give it 6 months to see if we get a domestic release, then if not that might be something I get, but I HATE non-US discs, its an irrational thing. I've only ever gotten 2 for things that either weren't going to come out here or were going to be a couple years wait.
I just bought Sneakers BD from Amazon UK. It's a region free release from Universal. I bought four other BD titles that worked out to about $16 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks