What's new

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only) (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Added the following - Universal will release the following on 3/9/10:
Tremors
I know they are releasing Tremors the Series. But i dont know about any of the movies, not for Blu-ray.
If you see it on Amazon, give a guy a link, cause id buy the first 2 movies. But not the series.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
That would be very cool. I hope it comes! I still have the old non-anamorphic DVD, as i am a hater of the Universal DVD-18s the Franchise collection came in.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cool! Forbidden Planet is a must have and it will be great to have Grand Prix!

If this is true that they'll come out in France, then the US is hopefully not too long behind. Since they are planning on a FP sequel of sorts, I thought they would delay the original on BD for a while.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
looks like this'll be the year everything will be remedied...

though isn't there still Monty Python's Holy Grail? that's still not on BD yet right>?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
No, Sony has not yet released Holy Grail on BD. I'd be slightly shocked to not see it come out this year, as it's always been a money maker on home video for them.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
there's only the meaning of life left (of the original films yeah)? i know the sketches are also "films" but they don't really enjoy the same popularity i dunno why >P it's still python.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by JediFonger /forum/thread/277999/catch-up-titles-released-hd-dvds-that-have-yet-to-get-a-blu-ray-release-us-only/180#post_3650067
there's only the meaning of life left (of the original films yeah)? i know the sketches are also "films" but they don't really enjoy the same popularity i dunno why >P it's still python.
And Now For Something Completely Different too, although that's just a some refilmed material from the first season and some new material from the second one put together. Live At The Hollywood Bowl was also shot on film, I believe.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The following was released 1/19/10 from Universal and has been removed:

Smokin' Aces

As a side note, this brings the # of Universal catch-up titles down to under 100.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
That makes only 32 titles in my collection for which there is no BD available. Of those, I estimate about a third that will be that way for at least another year, probably two. However, it is good to see that, should my three HD DVD players (two stand alone and one combo computer drive) fail, I will be able to replace a good number of them with BDs (I have about 160 HD DVDs in total).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
perfect for valentine's day =). if it's region free i'm SO ordering that from Uk =)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I've learned that, when it comes to Warner, one shouldn't go by unofficial lists. They're schedule is too fluid, and too many times I've seen titles on "leaked" lists be months off in their release date accuracy.

Besides, none of those are catch-up titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks