What's new

Pre-Order Catch Me If You Can (2002) (Blu-ray SteelBook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71jHDcY6q3L._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Tthis is one of my old DVDs that I haven't gotten around to upgrading this to Blu-ray yet. So I'm in for this.

Has the studio announced if there is going to be any difference between the disc in the steelbook and the previous release? Or is this just a repackaging? This year is the film's 20th anniversary (I feel old saying that.)

The steelbook artwork looks fine, but to be honest I don't think they can top the original poster and DVD release artwork:

Catch Me If You Can.jpg

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here's a bigger look at the disc interior and back. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks do look out of place in front of the stylized drawn approach for everything else.

71IJLgHEriL._SL1500_.jpg

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The cover art on this is terrible. The inside art should be the outside art! What studio exec decided to ruin such a cool/stylized design by "adding" Leo and Tom?

I really like this movie, and my ancient DVD is aching for an upgrade (the previous blu-ray was hard/impossible to find in Canada for no good reason, and I never got around to importing it--sort of just fell off my radar). I might have to hold my nose and buy this.

But no 4k?

John Williams' soundtrack is so good on this movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I might have to hold my nose and buy this.
If you don't want the steelbook, Amazon is also taking pre-orders for a new keepcase edition releasing on the same day as the steelbook. It is currently priced $2 less than the steelbook's price as of this writing.

Catch Me If You Can.jpg

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I kind of like. I may pick it up even though I have the blu ray already. I actually think it would be even better if it didn't have Hanks and Leo and was just the retro artwork.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Will wait for the 4K.
The fact that Paramount is putting this out again in a new edition, timed for its 20th anniversary year, without doing a 4K edition at the same time would seem to suggest that it is not a high priority for 4K. This doesn't mean I'm telling you to buy this or anything, but it does seem odd to come out with this again and not upgrade it simultaneously.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The fact that Paramount is putting this out again in a new edition, timed for its 20th anniversary year, without doing a 4K edition at the same time would seem to suggest that it is not a high priority for 4K. This doesn't mean I'm telling you to buy this or anything, but it does seem odd to come out with this again and not upgrade it simultaneously.
Because it's Paramount! Too many of their titles have been released on a new Blu-ray then have a 4K/UHD come out later on. Furthermore, if a 4K scan was done then Paramount usually upgrades their HD digital to 4K digital so we'll know if a possible 4K disc is coming by October 4th. Either way, there shouldn't be no hurry to buy this Blu-ray especially for those of us that have the 2012 Blu-ray and/or the iTunes HD digital.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Because it's Paramount! Too many of their titles have been released on a new Blu-ray then have a 4K/UHD come out later on. Furthermore, if a 4K scan was done then Paramount usually upgrades their HD digital to 4K digital so we'll know if a possible 4K disc is coming by October 4th. Either way, there shouldn't be no hurry to buy this Blu-ray especially for those of us that have the 2012 Blu-ray and/or the iTunes HD digital.

AIRPLANE is a perfect example of this. Been 4k on digital for quite some time (and looks awesome) but no similar disc release as of yet.

Added the non-steelbook CATCH ME IF YOU CAN preorder to top post

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks