Catch Me If You Can-2 Disc SE, May 06

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gabe Sigler, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Gabe Sigler

Gabe Sigler Stunt Coordinator

Here are the specs:

Catch Me If You Can: Behind The Camera (a journey through the adaption of the book, the production design, the costumes, the props, the photography and overall feel of making the film); Cast Me If You Can: The Casting Of The Film; Scoring Catch Me If You Can: A Discussion with Steven Spielberg and Composer John Williams; Frank Abagnale: Between Reality and Fiction (Meet Frank Abagnale, Frank becomes a pilot, Frank's careers, Frank gets caught and turns his life around); The FBI Perspective (a discussion with the film's FBI consultant); One Last Tip; Production Notes; Bios.
    Looks pretty good!

2. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

Oh, I must have this! I loved the movie and this DVD sounds great. [​IMG]

3. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

Can't wait for this release. It was one of my favorite movies of last year.

4. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

What about the deleted scenes Steven Spielberg talked about
    on the today show?

-Mike

5. Gabe Sigler

Gabe Sigler Stunt Coordinator

Looks like the deleted scenes have been dropped, unless Dreamworks is planning to double-dip with this release (which I highly doubt).

6. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

It was a good movie, I enjoyed it. Although I'm not sure I'd want to actually own it.

Btw does anyone know why Spielberg insists on making all his recent movies run approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes?

7. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I'm looking forward to it - I agree about one of the best films of the last year.

8. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I loved the book & the movie. I'll definitely be buying this.

9. Rain

Rain Producer

Sweet!

Catch Me If You Can remains my favourite film of 2002. Mind you, I only saw about 8 movies in 2002, so it may yet be dethroned.

Either way, I'm all over this DVD!

10. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i hope it has the entire original segment from to tell the truth.

11. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Damn, May 6th will be an expensive day indeed but if I had to only choose one DVD that day this would be it.

12. Lowell_B

Lowell_B Second Unit

[​IMG]

One of my favorite movies from 2002. Here's hoping that isn't the final spec list and the deleted scenes ARE on the disc. That would be a major shame if they just dropped them.

Lowell

13. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Sounds like a good set with a good price. Unfortunately, it appears there will be no deleted scenes.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN DVD FEATURES
    The double disc CATCH ME IF YOU CAN DVD gives viewers a very personal look at this star-studded production. Featuring distinctive DVD menus that emulate the tone of the film's visually arresting opening credit sequences created by Olivier Kuntzel and Florence Deygas, the DVD includes the following programs:

• CATCH ME IF YOU CAN: Behind The Camera: This insightful featurette chronicles what happens when Oscar(R)-winning director Spielberg rolls the camera. The DVD program gives viewers the feeling that they are part of the super-charged 56 day production through candid all-new interviews with cast and crew that capture the essence of Spielberg's infectious storytelling style and the talent's unique and inventive acting techniques.

• Cast Me If You Can: The Casting Of The Film: This program provides an illuminating look at the film's talent and the rich characters they portray, including interviews with DiCaprio (Frank W. Abagnale, Jr.) and Hanks (Carl Hanratty), as well as the film's supporting cast including Christopher Walken in his Oscar(R)-nominated performance, (Frank Abagnale, Sr.), Nathalie Baye (Paula Abagnale), Martin Sheen (Roger Strong), Amy Adams (Brenda Strong), and Jennifer Garner (Cheryl Ann).

• Frank Abagnale: Between Reality And Fiction: An in-depth look at the real Frank W. Abagnale, Jr. that chronicles how he -- as a runaway teenager, without so much as a high school diploma -- managed to pass himself off as an airline pilot, a doctor, a lawyer, and a college professor, all while cashing millions of dollars in fraudulent checks.

• Scoring CATCH ME IF YOU CAN: Honored with an Oscar(R) nomination for Best Original Score, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN teams legendary composer John Williams and Spielberg for their 20th filmmaking collaboration. Detailing how the film's progressive jazz score was a departure in style, Williams discusses his inspiration for creating the sleek retro theme that perfectly sets the mood of the story and its era.

• The FBI Perspective: The film's FBI consultant gives an insider's view into the trials and tribulations of tracking bank fraud, forgeries, check kiting and elusive "paperhangers."

• In Closing: As the production comes to a close, this program features the talent recounting their roles and unique experiences on the set, plus behind-the-scenes footage of the last scenes shot. Viewers complete their on-set visit when director Steven Spielberg calls out, "Cut, print, it's a wrap."

• Theatrical Trailer, Photo Gallery, Filmographies, Production Notes, Cast Bios and more.

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
    DVD Price: $19.95 (M.A.P.) Widescreen and Pan & Scan
    VHS Price: Rental
    Street Date: May 6, 2003
    Running Time: 141 minutes
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 (some sexual content and brief language)
    Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital; English 2.0 Dolby
    Surround; French 5.1 Dolby Digital; English DTS Digital Surround
    Subtitles: DVD available with French, English, and Spanish
    subtitles; VHS available in English and Spanish
    subtitles
    Closed Captioned
    Released December 25, 2002
    Running Time: 2.20
    MPAA Rating: PG-13
    Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1"

14. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Hopefully, the pre-order prices will be out soon. I bet this will be able to be purchased cheap.

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's a 2-disc set

16. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Gee DTS... didn't see that coming! [​IMG]

17. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I am also looking forward to this release. May is definitely going to be an expensive month for me.

18. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Well the DVD is two months away but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the brilliant opening titles right now. The UK firm that created the titles has a Flash movie up on their site along with their other work. Highlight the scrolling boxes above "showreel" to find CMIYC.