What's new

Catcables- Which models are good? (1 Viewer)

Rob Roth

Stunt Coordinator
I don't want to resurrect the controversy over OBI's review (BTW, I read and appreciate his contributions), but would like to know if the forum is practically unanimous about the SilverSerpent and other CatCable offerings. I'm about to recable and the prices seem reasonable to me relative to what some exotics cost. I'm especially interested in analog interconnects; need 8 of them.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I have 2 pairs of .5-meter Silvercats in my system, connecting the SACD player and receiver and they sound fantastic. Plus, as said before, you won't find better build quality on silver cables in this price range anywhere.
I definitely recommend the Silvercats for audio applications, especially if you have decent gear. I'm hoping Cat comes out with some equally impressive video and digital coax cables in the future.
Someday, when I upgrade to separates, you can bet what I'll use to connect the pre-pro to the amps--SilverCats! :)
KJP

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Kevin the last time I inquired I got the impression that they were looking at making a silver digital cable as well as some video cables.
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

PomingF

Second Unit
Rob:
Also the material used are different. The BetterCable one I think is made of silver clad copper wires while the CatCable is pure silver. I don't have the BetterCable one hence can't tell you much but I do own some SilverCats and they are of 22g triple braided silver wires with a clearcoat outer sleeve. What I love most is it's locking RCA terminations. Very functional & great looking.
PF

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
I also upgraded some of my cables to the SilverCats available at Catcables.com and am very happy with them.
If quality and cosmetics are important to you then the Silvercats are a great choice.
------------------
Trevor
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Equipment List updated
New digital pictures coming soon!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
quote: I'm hoping Cat comes out with some equally impressive video and digital coax cables in the future.[/quote]Looks like that wish came true. Link Removed
KJP
[Edited last by Kevin P on July 23, 2001 at 06:06 PM]

PomingF

Second Unit
I am putting my money where my mouth is and will be getting two of the Cats PROTOTYPE cables, the SilverCat XRL & the BAD & UGLY clearcoat multicolor digital w/ WBT connectors. I already have several unbalanced SilverCats and to me they are the best buy for pure silver cabling.
Giving the excellent tradition they have so far I am confident even their prototype models will work fine.
PF
[Edited last by PomingF on July 24, 2001 at 08:35 AM]

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Kevin,,
I ordered a couple sets of SilverCats and just recently a set of BearCats.
Now I may have to order a another set for my 5 channel amp.
These cables are of excellent build quality.
------------------
Trevor
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!
June 12,2001

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Rob Roth, out of curiousity why are you recabling? were your cables defective in some way?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Rob:
The Silver Serpents are Better Cables brand of cables. Give Brad a call and he can recommend the right ones for you. I personally have some of the video and digital coax and can recommend them without hesitation.
They do come with a 6 month satisfaction guarantee so if they aren't what you thought they would be Brad is happy to take them back.
Parker

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered another set of 1 meter interconnects and I'm going to try one of the digial cables too...I just lvoe their locking RCA's
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I am interested in picking up a pair of the 0.5 m silvercats for my music only system. The Cats would be between my CD player and the preamp, and the preamp and the amp.
However, is there any type of satisfaction guaranteed or money back with the Cat Cables? I am ready to order tomorrow if there is one!
Thanks,
Mike

PomingF

Second Unit
I don't think there's any mention of such on it's website but you can always e-mail the Head Cat himself for terms. Believe me soon as you get your hands on a pair and feel the lusters of those locking RCA's, you will be hooked. :) I don't think Cat has any return (0% failure rate?) so far due to the quality material & craftsmanship. I've purchased total of three orders (close to 10 sets) and has yet to return one cable not to mention how much I saved as compare to the Kimber equivalent.
PF

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
Right under the the title Unparalleled Results!
.. If you don't hear a difference, we will gladly refund your full purchase price. M-E-O-W!
------------------
Paul Wu
"There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."
Good day, eh, for those that would like to see Strange Brew released on dvd, please click here, and add your name, eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks