What's new

Pre-Order Cat People (1982) Collector's Edition (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CatPeo_UHD_Cover_72dpi.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Whaaaaaat?
Who's releasing this?
I really hope it's not the same DNRed master that was used for the previous bluray releases so I can buy this film.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
It was a given that this would get re-released this year as it's the film's 40th Anniversary but I was hoping Arrow would handle this. I'm enamored of their meaty chipboard box sets and this almost certainly would've gotten one. Nevertheless, a happy day and a welcome - and much needed - announcement.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Hunh. Funny, I still have the Image/Universal snapper-case DVD. Never got around to getting it on blu-ray.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I love the fact that two of Shout's June UHD titles are "Dog Soldiers" and "Cat People". Something for people on both sides of the fence.

I'm a cat person myself, but I prefer Dog Soldiers.
:)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I bought the first and I think second dvd releases. All reviews said don't on the blu ray. I hope they get 3K right. A nearly perfect picture and sound on this would be an event. Will wait on a lower price though.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ScreamFactory.Color.RGB.jpg

SCREAM FACTORY
Presents

CAT PEOPLE COLLECTOR’S EDITOIN
Starring Nastassia Kinski, Malcolm McDowell, John Heard, Annette O’Toole

491c684e-db3b-4ccc-a516-67adc04c0ebb.jpg
ARRIVES ON AUGUST 30, 2022 IN A 4K UHD™+ BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK
FROM SCREAM FACTORY™
It’s time to unleash our primal animal nature and succumb to the unbridled cravings for a generous dose of suspense, unspeakable desire and old-fashioned thrills when CAT PEOPLECOLLECTOR’S EDITION comes in a 4KUHD™+Blu-ray™ combo pack from SCREAM FACTORY. Special features include a new 4K scan from the original camera negative and special bonus content. Loyal fans and collectors ordering from Shoutfactory.com will receive a rolled 18x24 poster featuring the original theatrical artwork available while supplies last.

Directed by Paul Schrader (Hardcore, American Gigolo, Affliction), this provocative and memorable cult hit is a remake of the 1942 Jacques Tourneur horror/noir classic. The film stars Nastassja Kinski as Irena, a beautiful young woman who discovers love for the first time only to find that the experience brings tragic consequences. The tremendous passion of this woman's first romantic love is so strong, however, it bypasses the chaos around her – including the extraordinary demands of her brother (Malcolm McDowell, A Clockwork Orange) – as it pushes her on to her own bizarre destiny. This erotic fantasy about the passion and terror surrounding this first love also stars John Heard (Awakenings), Annette O'Toole (48 Hrs.), Ruby Dee (Do The Right Thing) and Lynn Lowry (Shivers).

Special Features:

DISC 1 (UHD):
· NEW 2022 4K Scan of the original camera negative in Dolby Vision (HDR 10 compatible)
· Audio Commentary with director Paul Schrader

DISC 2 (Blu-ray):
· NEW 2022 4K scan of the original camera negative
· Audio Commentary with director Paul Schrader
· More Than A Remake – an interview with director Paul Schrader
· Unleashing The Animal Within – an interview with actress Nastassja Kinski
· Making Memories – an interview with actress Annette O’Toole
· Caging the Animal – an interview with actor John Heard
· Reconnecting with Cat People – an interview with actor Malcolm McDowell
· Cat Fight – an interview with actress Lynn Lowry
· Composing A Cult Classic – an interview with composer Giorgio Moroder
· Cat People: An Intimate Portrait
· On the Set with Paul Schrader
· Filmmaker Robert Wise On The Producer Of The Original Cat People, Val Lewton
· Special Makeup Effects by Tom Burman
· A look at the film’s Matte Paintings
· Original Theatrical Trailer & TV Spot
· Photo Galleries – Photos from the Film, Production Art and Posters

Old Bones

Agent
Real Name
William
Anyone get the Shout Factory 4K , lots of internet chatter about scratched discs. Bad disc pressing plant in Mexico people saying ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cat Scratch Fever

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Anyone get the Shout Factory 4K , lots of internet chatter about scratched discs. Bad disc pressing plant in Mexico people saying ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cat Scratch Fever

Mine played fine. I didn't actually look at it, though.

For me, it can be player dependent - well, for Blu-rays, as I only have one 4K player.

I use my Panny for BDs for consistency - I've always used Pannys for BDs so I don't want player to influence my POV too much.

But the Panny doesn't handle scratches as well as the Sony 4K. I had to bail on the Panny when I played "Gru" the other day but the Sony 4K did fine.

And as expected, the movie looked different because the Sony 4K both upscaled it and added "fake HDR".

Which looked very good but reminded me why I don't use it to review BDs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks