What's new

Cat Owners (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
You're considered a bad cat owner if you declaw your cat.

I personally believe that, unless you're in an area where it's totally unsafe for cats to be outside (like coyote-infested areas, suburbans don't count), you do the cat a disservice if you keep it inside. Cats roam by nature and should be allowed to do so whenever possible and safe, starting at an early age. My two cats are allowed to go outside. My parents have had a total of five cats that do the same, and nothing really serious has ever happened to them. Interestingly, the only cat I know that disappeared to the outdoor life was a cat whose owner refused to let out but managed to escape through the door one day.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Cats should be given the same treatment as dogs when it comes to being outside, meaning keep an eye on them.
The g/f and I have 4 cats now, two were mine and two were hers before combining families. One of mine was an outdoor cat but at the time I lived out in the woods and he had room to roam. Now we are in a family sub divison and he is indoor only with the rest. I wanted to let him outside, but it would not be good for other cats not to mention I hate cats, and the owners, that let cats out and I find paw prints all over my car.

I don't blame the cat, they are to stupid to know right from wrong, so I blame the owner. However, a cat causing a problem is a lot easier to make disappear then the owner, unfortunately.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I like dogs but I wish their owners wouldn't let them crap all over the place and howl on the porch. At least cats are quiet (well, maybe not when mating) and tidy.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, get this. I just got my spankin' new CREATIVE mp 3 player last week. (Lovin' it, btw...) and I hadn't owned it even 24 hours before one of the cats chewed through the headphones wire in 4 places! I tried to salvage it to no avail. I had put it way up and in the back of the entertainment center and they got it. It's my fault, I know. They ruined an earlier set I had last year that were $40. GRRRR.....!!!!!!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I do sympathise with your loss. Over the years, I have lost several items due to the activity of our little feline scamps. I keep things like mp3 players and their headphones in drawers that they cannot open.

I do this after learning the hard way, like you.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks