Cat Owners Part 2

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ChristopherG, May 6, 2006.

1. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Screenwriter

Chris
    Has anyone successfully (or even tried) to train their cat to use the toilet? My 12 year old daughter is currently on a mission to train her slightly over 1 year old (house) cat to do this using a book I bought her at Barnes and Noble called (rather obviously) "How to Toilet Train Your Cat" by Paul Kunkel.

This would be a wonderful feat - my daughter is pretty tenacious so I am hoping this works!!

Anyone else try this?

2. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    No and absolutly NO plans too than you very much...YUK!

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Many years ago my great aunt had a cat who was trained to use the toilet. And they sell a litterpan that sits over the bowl and is supposed to help you train them. They use it as a regular litter box for awhile, then one they're acclimated you take out the center part that holds the litter and just leave a circular frame with a hole in the middle of it. They just keep going where they used to go, only now everything goes right into the bowl. I'm not sure if the system trains them to flush. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    If God wanted cat's to use the toilet, he wouldn't have made their asses so low to the ground.

Na, that's what litter boxes are for.

5. Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster Second Unit

My cat Peter Gunn was toilet trained. I bought a kit in 1990, and trained her to use it. The only problem was that a contoured seat made her slide, so first I tured it upside-down, then I replaced it with an oak seat, which is mostly flat on top. We also had a brief stint with a padded seat, which she could grip with her claws. For obvious reasons, it was not comfortable for people to use after a while.

She could not flush, so I had to check it and flush for her. She would watch it swirl down, and would duck to the side and look at where the toilet met the floor, then look back in the toilet. It must have amazed her.

She used the toilet untill 1996, when my then-partner moved in with his cat. His cat was still young, but would not toilet train. We had to resort to a litter box for her, and Petey reverted to it as well.

It was a wonderful thing to have no litter box smell. Petey was never too self-conscious about it, and would frequently go when guests were in the house. They were always amazed.

Petey died in 2004, but her successor is still with me, though the boyfriend is not.

6. Ryan-G

Ryan-G Supporting Actor

One of my 3 toilet trained herself, one day she just started using it. She'll even pick it over the litter box.

No idea what made her start though, I can't think of anything that might have prompted it.