What's new

Cat in the Hat preview (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That is one pretty-looking trailer, isn't it? I liked what I saw of Myers, though - this could be fairly amusing.

Besides, wasn't Tim Allen originally cast in the part? Now, that would have scared me.

Will K

Screenwriter
I thought this was one of the most disturbing trailers of recent memory.. Mike Myers as the Cat looks just creepy or something.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw the trailer yesterday and it looks like another depressing, shrill disaster like The Grinch. The production design on these flicks doesn't look whimsical-it looks cluttered and cheap, like a 70s Mexican kiddie film Something Weird might put out.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
When I was watching the Grinch a "70s Mexican kiddie film" was the furthest thing from my mind, lol! I think it has a nice style all its own.

I'm guessing the naysayers are hardcore fans.. what would you like to see in a live-action Suess flick? Or would you rather have one not be made at all?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The Cat in the Hat has an advantage over The Grinch in that it's based on two books instead of one, so it has more material to draw from. It also has the disadvantage that the Grinch book had a plot.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Myer's is completely miscast for the roll. But, I'll most likely buy the dvd for the kids.

Peace Out~:D

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I'm not particularly thrilled with this project but, that said, count me in as someone else who doesn't see Myers in this role. I picture Myers as being more frenetic than I picture the Cat. The Cat always seemed to be in a state of calm composure while chaos reigned about him. Myself, I immediately thought of Cary Elwes for the role though, to be honest, the Cat would be better served, perhaps, by being CGI. I didn't like the way the costume looked at all.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
When I picture the Cat I think of a nice dapper chap who has a mischievous side to him. When the Cat in the preview picked up the picture of the mom and it turned into a playboy it just screamed Mike Myers. That comedy has its place (I'm a big Myers fan) but not in this story imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks