What's new

Catfisch Cinema (2 Viewers)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Aug 11
IMG_7554.jpg IMG_7555.jpg IMG_7557.jpg IMG_7558.jpg IMG_7559.jpg IMG_7560.jpg IMG_7561.jpg IMG_7562.jpg IMG_7563.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Updates from last Friday:

Electronics piled up in the basement.Insulation being installed in the riser and ceiling. "QuietRock" used for ceiling and front wall.
IMG_7630.jpg IMG_7632.jpg IMG_7633.jpg IMG_7634.jpg IMG_7636.jpg IMG_7647.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I haven't had time to be on the forum, let alone post interim pictures this week. And visually, there's not been much change. There was time lost dealing with inspectors. A county inspector showed, inspected the finished deck, and failed it because he couldn't see the footings. They had to reschedule because the fool inspector hadn't paid attention to what the inspection request was for, nor did he even ask anyone in the home to confirm the inspection request. And the electrical inspector had to reschedule after not showing up...he was injured on the job site the day before.

So...jump ahead, and inspections are done, insulation is in, QuietRock and drywall installed.
IMG_7702.jpg IMG_7710.jpg IMG_7712.jpg IMG_7717.jpg IMG_7727.jpg IMG_7730.jpg IMG_7737.jpg IMG_7738.jpg IMG_7743.jpg IMG_7745.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Here's where I'm at at the end of this week. Delivery of acoustic panels is running late, slowing work up a bit. The room won't be done for Labor Day weekend. That's a bit of a bummer, but schedule hasn't been important to me. But speakers are going in, and wall treatments and painting are underway.

Giant electronics rack that will be filled with electronics. A Triad Satellite box; those are my surrounds and Atmos speakers. A 10" in-wall sub; two of those in the front wall. There's some other sub not delivered yet going in a side wall to round out the bass. And the Silver LCR for, well, the LCR in the front wall. They have metal grills on them to protect them during construction. But the grills will be removed when the fabric treatments and screen go up.
IMG_7801.jpg IMG_7805.jpg IMG_7809.jpg IMG_7811.jpg

Screen wall before and after paint.
IMG_7780.jpg
IMG_7819.jpg
View of riser
IMG_7817.jpg
Audience-Right wall
IMG_7820.jpg

Audience-Left wall
IMG_7821.jpg
View towards bar space
IMG_7822.jpg
Electronics closet vomiting cables.
IMG_7771.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7823.jpg
    IMG_7823.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7828.jpg
    IMG_7828.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7832.jpg
    IMG_7832.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 85

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had to go back and check.

I see you started this thread on New Year's Day...but I remember you saying on certain occasions that speed was not of the essence.

So, I think you are way ahead of schedule! And, it's gonna be great!

Love the closet. (That IS a LOT of cables!) Will it have two doors (front and back?) How does something like that work?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My requirement was to finish this calendar year. But I hoped to be done for the long Labor Day weekend. That isn't happening, but it's ok.

The closet is front entry only. The rack is on wheels and can be rolled out for access. It's not the most elegant electronics closet, but it's a great compromise by my designer against the competing demands for speakers in the closet wall, discreet electronics, and need for access.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Wow, looking great! A bit jealous as we are needed to start a home theater from scratch in our new home and don't have the most ideal space for it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks.

Don't let an imperfect space put you off. My space is very flawed. We finished the basement with the new home construction, with no anticipation of anything but a DIY media room and 5.1 surround using my existing speakers. As it played out, it would have better to leave baseman unfinished to do the theater better, cheaper. And the T-shape forces difficult decisions. The screen is on the front wall off-center; otherwise the front speakers would have been firing into the alcoves causing reflection and acoustic problems.

Very non-ideal.

But, it's really great for the constraints I've got and I'm looking forward to it! :)

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I think there's a flaw in your thinking. If you wanted to be done by Labor Day, no problem. Just reschedule Labor day for later. That would give you a whole 3 day weekend to work on things. I had the same idea, and that's what I eventually did. I told my wife things would be done by labor day. Labor day in November worked great.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We're still deciding whether to go with the simple mounted acoustic panels on the rear wall or if they should be decoratively framed.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's substantially complete. The Remote Control needs programming. The sound needs some adjusting. Some other tweaks. I have to go over the Punch List, and they'll come back in a couple weeks for such issues.

But basically, it's done.

And my installer brought me back the Sept 2015 Atmos Demo blu-ray from CEDIA :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks