What's new

Cat & Dogs - Open Mate? Not P&S??? (1 Viewer)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
I read a review online (wish I had kept the link) where the reviewer stated the the DVD release was "OPEN MATE" and not PAN & "SCA'M'"
So which is it?
Is the "FULL FRAME" release really a "OPEN MATE" release or is really a PAN & "SCA'M'" release..
Like many others all I can find locally is the packages listed as "FULL FRAME"
--David
Will not buy PAN & "SCA'M'"
Might buy "Open Mate"
But prefer "Widescreen"

William Ward

Supporting Actor
With all the special effects shots, it will be P&S. There might be a few open matte scenes but for the most part, it will be P&S. Get the Widescreen version.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
That would be "open matte" by the way, not open mate. An open mate is a good thing to have, but that's a completely different hobby!
wink.gif

Anyway, if it isn't OAR, it's no sale as far as I'm concerned. Movies are not TV shows.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Open Matte, P&S, whatever. It's Full Frame and MAR.
MAR-shmar. I'll pick up the OAR version today while I'm getting Star Wars. We HTFers fought for a widescreen version of this title, and today we get it.
THANK YOU WARNER BROS.!!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

William Ward

Supporting Actor
If you can find it Dave. I had to order mine along with Shrek to give the retailers a chance to get it in. Wal-Mart brought out a display last night after TPM which had VHS and fullscreen DVD. Had there been a WS DVD, I would have purchased it.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Luis A

Second Unit
BestBuy in my area had all "FULL SCREEN". I went to Fred Myer and they had 2 WS and a bunch of FS. I hope the shortage of WS means that people are buying the WS version and not FS.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Cats & Dogs was filmed open matte, but the gazillion effects shots may have been composed at a matted ratio.
It's hard to tell...maybe someone could post comparison pictures of the FS and LBX versions to show what the differences are.
------------------
Visit my DVD review site, 24 fps DVD Reviews @ http://cztoondb.tripod.com/DVD/
and
The Colorized Cartoon Database @ http://cztoondb.tripod.com/

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't find it, BB couldn't give rain check because it wasn't in their system, no Target or FYE and Suncoast said "You got took, dude".
frown.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

William Ward

Supporting Actor
It's hard to tell...maybe someone could post comparison pictures of the FS and LBX versions to show what the differences are.
Open matte defenders would take non-effect shots to show that it's open matte. OAR people would show an effect shot that is panned and scanned. This is an effect heavy film so it's mostly going to be pan & scan. As far as this forum is concerned, if it ain't OAR, it ain't OUT!!
wink.gif

------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Who cares?
wink.gif

I have my Cats and Dogs Widescreen version sitting right here getting ready to go into the player.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread