What's new

Pre-Order Cat Ballou (1965) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
But aren't these already on the Blu ray that has already been released? What's the motovatiion to pop on this edition? No restoration, no real upgrades, no added special bonus features....WTH!!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
But aren't these already on the Blu ray that has already been released? What's the motovatiion to pop on this edition? No restoration, no real upgrades, no added special bonus features....WTH!!
But...it doesn't need restoration! The transfer is beautiful. I'd think this is for all those who didn't buy the TT release, remember, it was a limited number & soon went OOP, & it didn't pop up anywhere else, except France, & I think that's sold out now.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
But...it doesn't need restoration! The transfer is beautiful. I'd think this is for all those who didn't buy the TT release, remember, it was a limited number & soon went OOP, & it didn't pop up anywhere else, except France, & I think that's sold out now.
I bought the TT edition, thought it was also released later...i get it, thanks!!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The great thing about Twilight Time releases is that they were very interested in the soundtrack, so with their release of Cat Ballou we get the isolated soundtrack (in stereo I think) which you don't get with any other release. I remember buying their Flint Blu-rays, mostly so I could make my own CD of the great Jerry Goldsmith soundtracks, which both films had as an isolated track in good stereo. My very own (whisper it) bootleg.

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory
The great thing about Twilight Time releases is that they were very interested in the soundtrack, so with their release of Cat Ballou we get the isolated soundtrack (in stereo I think) which you don't get with any other release. I remember buying their Flint Blu-rays, mostly so I could make my own CD of the great Jerry Goldsmith soundtracks, which both films had as an isolated track in good stereo. My very own (whisper it) bootleg.
Yes, the isolated score on my TT of "Whirlpool" (1949) gives me that nice piano solo during the party scene. And I think there's a score only track on my TT edition of "Leave Her to Heaven" (1945). Likewise, my albeit Region B edition of Eureka's "Flight of the Phoenix" (1965). Why not Criterion's recent edition of same?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gencumd
Recent bookmarks