Casualties of War. Question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Christou, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I've seen 'Casualties of War' a number of times and I've always wondered if the girl Michael J.Fox is looking at on the train is played by the same actress who played the role of the kidnapped vietnamese girl, I don't think the train girl is listed in the credits.

They look a bit alike, maybe he is imagining its that girl.

Anyone know for sure?

I know many people find this film hard to watch, but in my opinion its one of the very best Vietnam movies ever made, and I think based on a true incident.

De Palma's direction is top notch and Ennio Morricone's score is simply superb.

2. Oliver Kopp

Oliver Kopp Stunt Coordinator

Oliver
    Sorry, can`t help you with your question.

But I have to agree with you on the movie. I saw it once on TV and think its on the same level with Platoon and FMJ. Also one of my favourite movies with Michael J. Fox next to the BTTF Trilogy.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It's the same actress. When the film came out, I remember seeing her interviewed about how difficult a part it was. The interview was on set, and she was in costume for the train scenes.

M.

4. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

It is definitely based on a true story. This is also one of my very favorite movies. I feel it is sometimes forgotten when compared to other Vietnam films but it really packs a huge emotional wallop.

5. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    So it was the same actress, thanks Mike, guys, yep its one of my favorites too and I can't wait to buy it on DVD over here.

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I finally got a chance to look at the disc, and DePalma confirms in the documentary that it was the same actress. But he points out that he deliberately changed a few things so that it would appear to be a resemblance instead of a reincarnation: glasses, a different nose, and most importantly, a new voice. Amy Irving looped the lines for the conversation with Fox at the end of the film.

I never would have recognized the voice. Even knowing who it is, the voice isn't familiar.

M.