1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Castlevania Chronicles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonK, Aug 27, 2001.

1. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I'm just curious if anyone has played this yet. I know it was released before on a now-defunct system (the XR68000?)From what I understand, some levels from the original Castlevania make an appearance, but are more difficult. I'm a Castlevania nut, but only the 2D versions. The 3D ones for N64 didn't feel like Castlevania. I'm not expecting this to be as good a Symphony of the Night, or even Circle of the Moon, but I figure for $20 it's worth giving it a shot.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think it was only released in Japan. Nonetheless, its the first Castlevania game ever, so its worth buying.

3. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    To clarify...
    It's not the first Castlevania ever. But it plays mostly like it (which is good). It's an old-school 2D romp (basically a remake of Castlevania). I bought it as an import, but with the arrival of DMC, I haven't played it much. It is fun, but it is no SOTN. If you can get it for $20...it's worth it IMHO. Take care [​IMG]
    Chuck

4. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Thanks, Chuck. The way it was explained in EGM was that SOME levels were taken straight out of the original Castlevania, but otheres were brand new. I pre-ordered it from EBGames for $20 and it comes out in October. One of my all time favorite games is Castlevania, even though I never beat it. So any old-school "2D romps" (I like that phrase) are ok by me. I'm looking forward to its release. I may even have to bust out the original and have another go to see if I can actually finish the damn thing.
    Jason

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think they started out to make the first Castlevania for PSX, but ended up making a sort of "director's cut" since they changed the graphics around and added some things.