Castle Wolfenstein help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Thomas, Jan 22, 2002.

1. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

I'm stuck on the 'covert' board - where you have to sneak into their base by getting on a truck that's already moving. How do you get on it? Plus, its already halfway down the road when youre trying to get on so if you dont do it immediately, you're screwed. Help please?

2. George Monroy

George Monroy Stunt Coordinator

Just follow your map. You don't have to get on the truck. You can sneak around to get to your objective.

3. John Thomas

I don't remember seeing a map - I'm just following the landscape right now which leads me from one chateau to the other, then the truck. How can you get past the checkpoint without them seeing you? I've tried going around the hills but I'm always spotted.
    [​IMG]

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

John, look at your map. It will answer all of you questions. To make you feel better, I was stuck exactly where you were till I happened to check my objective briefing (don't know the key for it though). All your questions will be answered.

5. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

Here is some help...

There are two trucks. The first one will always drive away without you. You need to go through the side door in the tunnel by the first truck and stay right once you climb up the ladder until you find your snooper rifle. Use it to kill the tower guards and silently dispatch everyone else. Then you can climb through a window to enter the compound. Inside will be another truck that you have to enter. Do not kill the last guard by the tunnel inside the compound...he needs to open the door for you.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I had the same problem... The map we're referring to is the Notebook (hit N), you'll see a map and a red dotted line to your objective. The truck you see taking off is not your objective although I thought the same thing... I think there's a picture of the objective in your briefing when it's loaded, that should also help you know what your objective is.

I didn't crawl through the window to get in the fenced area, I wound up killing the pacing guard with a knife while the guy in the room above wasn't looking. Snuck into the compound which the guy in the water tower wasn't looking. Took out the guard in above in the room and then took out the guard right by the truck before jumping into the back of the truck

I've just started Mission 7, the last one so dum de dum dum... I love the sniper rifle, it's so cool with one shot kills... I think my favorite mission was the one where you start up in a tunnel overlooking an airport and a jet takes off just as you start. It's the same one where at the end you face a bunch of nasty Nazi paratroopers who land all around you.. that was a fun sniper mission!

Jay

7. John Thomas

Thanks for the info guys! I'm about to go and test it out right after 24 goes off. [​IMG][​IMG]

8. John Thomas

9. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    You mean the 'Lopers' as they refer to them in the game...

That section is tough, just have to keep moving out of their way when they jump at ya and use that venom!

I just finished the Single Player the other night...

Jay

10. John Thomas

I'm about to but really haven't come up with a good strategy to use on the end guy. The wraits that make the screen go black when they attack are the only things that stop me - they're just ridiculous: lose life no matter what - you can't run from them or shoot them. Hmm.
    That said, I've had fun with the game; the feel of the game is great. Some very creepy moments in it for me. [​IMG]

11. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I seem to remember having an easy time with that. I used the Lightning Gun on all the minions while strafing. When I ran outta ammo, there was nobody left but the big guy. Use up your remaining weapons on him and you're done.

12. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I found the last guy fairly easy once I realized that you can't really kill those wraith things... You do NOT have to kill all those zombie guys with shields to end the game. All I used was grenades, dynamite, the tesla gun, and the Venom and just keep running in circles around the guy and pound him from afar with the tesla or Venom. Ignore the zombies, they're too slow to catch you and run around liberally using the "shift" key to sprint away from the wraiths.. After 15 minutes, the guy should explode....literally... The only attack that he has is that sucking swipe which is sooo predictable (when he raises his huge sword, run away)... Or if you're have good health, he needs about two shots to kill you if you have any health and shields... Is to get your dynamite set to 5 seconds, get sucked in, drop the dynamite, take his hit and high tail it out of there!! that was the only time I got hit and think I did some nasty damage too him... You'll see his armor fly off after doing enough damage to him...

Be patient too, the wraiths should never touch you if you are really constantly running and sprinting and stuff.. the superboss is also slow as molasses and you should have no problem taking them out..

13. John Thomas

Man, is it easy or what (with the right strategy)?

I simply ignored the minions...just threw grenades, shot panzerfausts and finished him with the venom

I also went throughout the game thinking that the autorun on feature meant that I was always running - I held down the shift and guess what? I found out that you could go faster. Geez. Whadda doofus. :b

Fun game though. Definitely worth it!

14. AaronP

AaronP Stunt Coordinator

is anyone else plssed that it takes so many bullets to kill a simple german soldier.