What's new

Castle - season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Castle returns for a 4th season on ABC tonight at 10p.m. EDT. So let's hope the Moonlighting curse doesn't hit this show as Castle and Beckett move on to the next level in their "partnership".

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good premiere, some surprises too.
But this conspiracy has been hard to stay on top of, plus all the players and deals. So it struck me as odd that Beckett made the deal she made. It might have been her last move. But it doesn't feel right to me. it makes me think she's as dirty as Montgomery.
As for going down the Moonlighting path, perhaps the idea of hiding their partnership is the writers way of continuing the tension.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I suspect that saying 'I Love You,' for Kate will be their source of tension for the season and part of the reason why Castle wants to keep their relationship a secret. Once she says it then they will go public.
Hated to see Tahmoh Penikett go but his character was so bad ass that the show had to eliminate him.
The banter scenes between Castle and Kate were well done, especially the morning after one.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think all police officers(especially detectives) are a wee bit dirty. There have been numerous studies done that it takes the same mindset to be a criminal...and catch one.
Classic case is Abagnale(the movie Catch Me if you Can). I've never met a PO that didn't know where to find "stuff"...
It is amazing, when you know some PO, what you find out. To me, lines get crossed if "knowing about it" turns into "taking some of the action"...
The best cops know you can't stop everything. The best criminals know that sometimes you need to have a minor slip up, that gets noticed, so you can continue on with your regular routine.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sam, I guess your point is true that no cop is a virtuous perfect person. But I'm thinking this is TV! :) Of course the heros on TV shows of the past only saw black and white, right and wrong. And today, they are making the heros a little more flawed and have a bit of a dark side or some hidden thing. I just felt that up to now she's been played pretty straight.
I'll be wondering what the pillow talk will be with Castle and Beckett now. So what did you say to HRG? (Senator Bracken) Why did you let him go?
According to a Castle website, the producer creator felt this was a way for Becket to mature and move forward and not be afraid anymore. She's got the cards now. Still not sure I like it, but I'll keep watching to see how they move it forward. Bracken will return it seems.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really liked the premiere and the resolution (for now) of this storyline. This continues to be one of the most enjoyable procedurals on network TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
^^^
I think the network was blessed having these two shows together. Stana Katic has shown she is no stranger to "the odd"...
The DWTS lead in is racy, so Castle gets to play with themes that other shows can only dream of.
Imagine if this were back when...imagine this...
DWTS followed by NYPD Blue...(kids, time for bed after 7...)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is actually season 5!!!
I enjoyed the premiere.
But it is hard to keep up with everyone in Beckett's mother's case.
I'm hoping now that this case is somewhat resolved that they will no give us some insight on Castle's dad secret that we found out when Jennifer Beals
let it slip. Unless she was lying.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was a waste to get rid of Penikett's character so fast. Liked the post get together chemistry between Castle and Beckett and the idea of keeping the relationship secret so far. I did not care for Stana Katic's makeup in this episode. She looked like a raccoon with all of that makeup. A gorgeous raccoon :) but a raccoon nevertheless.
- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I caught most of last night's episode. It seems like a return to form in the way they like to go "inside" something like a TV studio or soap and see how the characters are sniping at each other. Fun how they applied the lying of affairs to Castle and Beckett. I liked the little character bits now of Beckett secretly being amused by Castle's child like antics when he's not looking. ( when he was playing around with the weather board)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /t/323991/castle-season-4-premiere-9-24-2012#post_3983006
. ( when he was playing around with the weather board)

Absolutely my favorite part of the episode. All of the parallels of the TV studio personnel to the police station were just too obvious and ham-fisted into the story. Glad Esposito and Ryan are buds again.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
Thought it was a waste to get rid of Penikett's character so fast. Liked the post get together chemistry between Castle and Beckett and the idea of keeping the relationship secret so far. I did not care for Stana Katic's makeup in this episode. She looked like a raccoon with all of that makeup. A gorgeous raccoon :) but a raccoon nevertheless.
- Walter.
Weird thing to notice, but I've also noticed her eye makeup quite often, not just in this episode. Don't know if she has any choice in the matter, but it always seems a bit overdone.
She's very attractive and certainly doesn't need pile on the makeup the way she does, maybe just a High Def thing, but they could tone it down a bit.
Been rewatching old episodes now that TNT has picked it up and she looked much more natural a few years ago.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the make-up too right away. But perhaps it's a visual thing to show she's finally made piece with a lot in her life including having Castle in her life as well. so a physical transformation perhaps. Lanie certainly noticed her 'glow'.
Agreed its a bit overdone,

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked the handshake idea they came up with for Castle and Kate to do to hide their affection from others.
I knew Castle was going to break the doll and then have the Captain mad at him and dislike him again. I'm sure with his wealth, he could go find another one.
And I like the business with Alexis and his Mom and Kate more then the cases.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /t/323991/castle-season-4-thread#post_3986374
I liked the handshake idea they came up with for Castle and Kate to do to hide their affection from others.
I knew Castle was going to break the doll and then have the Captain mad at him and dislike him again. I'm sure with his wealth, he could go find another one.
And I like the business with Alexis and his Mom and Kate more then the cases.

Yeah. I thought that went over really well. Frankly, the chemistry on this show has really clicked for me, and I really enjoy the storyline.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Is there ANYONE who watches this show who didn't know that a clue would be hidden inside the one object from the storage space that Castle gave away? That was a little too obvious even though the killer did take me by surprise.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't certain that it would contain a hidden object, but since the act of giving the doll to "Sir" was emphasized I was sure that the doll would be a factor later in the episode (but once again not necessarily because something was hidden in the figurine.)
I agree with Nelson, that someone of Castle's means could smooth things out with the Captain by replacing the dolls. Sure from a sentiment standpoint the one she brought in from home might be irreplaceable but Castle's gesture would help. Of course, part of the point was the comedic aspect of Castle digging himself a hole.
Enjoying the new season as they explore the relationship. "I've seen your stuff." :)
- Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/323991/castle-season-4-thread#post_3986407
Is there ANYONE who watches this show who didn't know that a clue would be hidden inside the one object from the storage space that Castle gave away? That was a little too obvious even though the killer did take me by surprise.

I thought that's what made it great when it turned out that nothing was in that office, and it was about the artificial eye.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't believe that "Sir" actually smiled and was pleasant, at least for a few moments. Maybe the network has discovered that "super bitch" just doesn't go over well with the fans.
I like the way the Castle/Beckett romance is going. Looks like it will be slow and hidden from the other characters for a while. They almost, but not quite show it around the others. Will be enjoyable to watch as people start to catch on to what's really happening.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Fun episode at the Hamptons. Liked the Caskett shout out to the fans.
So, now Ryan knows and seems to be wanting to help protect the secret. That's going to come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks