What's new

Castle - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don Draper's mistress and Mrs. Ari? Not a bad pair of guest-stars.

Castle's daughter can't be this perfect, can she?

Shane D

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Castle's daughter can't be this perfect, can she?
maybe thats how she rebels against her dad and grandmother. they are so wild and childlike she has to be perfect to rebel.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

Hey Lou- Long time no chat!

I did see Serenity and I didn't know what the heck was going on! I'll consider looking up Firefly based on your and other's praises here. I just kinda hate getting into a show that was killed so fast and have it end so quickly if I watch it on DVD.

I've seen Chuck a few times, but I never got into it. It looked fun, but maybe I'm not into that kind of show anymore.

Mary, I see there were cows.
Firefly is definitely worth checking out. BestBuy has it online for $11. As for Chuck, go over to the Chuck thread and check out the S3 preview. It should change your mind.

As to Castle, I wish they would start addressing the cop's mother's murder.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lou-

Wow, $11 dollars for Firefly. I'll keep it in mind. Amazing how low DVD 's are getting now!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Lots of people I recognized in this episode. In addition to Ryder Strong, we got Anne Dudek ("Cutthroat Bitch"!), Phil LaMarr ("MadTV", voice actor extraordinaire), and of course Marc Blucas (Riley from "Buffy", pseudo-Shaggy in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back").

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

and of course Marc Blucas (Riley from "Buffy", pseudo-Shaggy in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back").
I remember on the commentary, Mewes forgot his name and called him "Ryan" instead of "Riley". :)

This show has nothing on recognizable faces guest starring on "BONES". The list of Buffy / ANGEL guest actors grows longer with every episode, including last week's.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't recognize anybody except the diplomat.

Have to say, after the last several, I'm losing interest.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The groom has been highly visible lately. He was on Ghost Whisperer last Friday and is in a lot of commercials. I knew he was the "beef stew kind of night/Mr. Fuzzy Man" dude, but he also has apparently been gellin' and in an Aflac ad. Coincidentally, I noticed both Dr. Scholls and Aflac ads when FF through the commercials.

The killer was Graham Beckel, who I mainly know from a bygone Army ad. "He shook my hand and looked me straight in the eye." His brother is pundit Bob Beckel and like Bob and Bill Bennett, their views are diametrically opposed. That seems a bit unusual to me, but I guess it's not.

Anyway. Alyssa was looking mighty fine last night.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought this week's episode was really good. I liked how one of the cops was really getting into the real estate videos and falling for the scam! I liked how they suddenly shift the tone of the episode as Beckett realizes she's on the trail of her mother's killer.

The resolution was good. I figured they'd keep the thread going for her to still be trying to find her mother's killer. And it was really nice to see as she admits to Castle she wants him around. So it was a nice range of emotion and Castle was being serious and really nice to her. A nice continuation from last week where the coroner knows Beckett is into Castle.

It's also interesting that Nathan is playing Castle as not a traditional TV hero type. He's just a guy whose a writer, so when the killer takes him hostage, he's scared. The head butt was a hero move, but I like how he plays it like a real situation, it hurt!

Of course, in real life, this whole scenario is absurd that a cop would allow a civilian this much access and involvement in real cases!.

I'm not clear if I missed or it has not been said as to why Beckett's mother was murdered.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I'm not clear if I missed or it has not been said as to why Beckett's mother was murdered.

It hasn't been said. That's the lingering mystery.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this was an unexpectedly huge episode, the sort you expect from a season finale. Good performance from Stana Katic, great performance from Nathan Fillion. I looked watching how Castle reacted to everything in this episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's funny how the money issue was dispense with a simple line from Castle, must be nice to be Mr. Moneybags, too.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
someone pointed out on avs that this was the 13th episode, which was the initial order at first until they were granted the back 9 for the rest of the year. so it makes sense it had that feel to it.

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Yes, this was an unexpectedly huge episode, the sort you expect from a season finale. Good performance from Stana Katic, great performance from Nathan Fillion. I looked watching how Castle reacted to everything in this episode.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Shane D

someone pointed out on avs that this was the 13th episode, which was the initial order at first until they were granted the back 9 for the rest of the year. so it makes sense it had that feel to it.

That explains it then. I had that feeling too. I really enjoy this show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
ABC just tacked another two episodes onto the season order bringing the total to 24 this season. That is up from an initial order of 13 last summer.

Needless to say, things are looking very good for a third season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks