Castle Keep cropped?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Charles_Y, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Charles_Y

Charles_Y Stunt Coordinator

Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
    I just read a review in Doug Pratt's DVD-LaserDisc Newsletter concerning Castle Keep from 1969. (for those of you who read it, don't you think it foolish to keep the "Laser Disc" in the masthead when he clearly hasn't reviewed one in years, doesn't list any upcoming/current titles as there aren't anymore and really doesn't reference them at all except for a few lame LD ads? Seems ridiculous to me!)

Apparently this was a Panavision release that he states was released cropped (pan and scan/full screen). Is there any confirmation on this? I was contemplating buying this one but I would have to hold off in this case. The same sort of thing happened to Lion's Gate's "Julius Caesar" (1970) released earlier this summer and I ended up buying it to my regret before learning the truth.

I admit that there are from what I see thankfully few instances of scope or anamorphic films released only as cropped full screen DVDs. One would not like to see this as a growing trend! It's simply sad that I will have to probably wait a long time before seeing this title released in anything approaching it's proper OAR. [​IMG]

2. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

3. Charles_Y

Charles_Y Stunt Coordinator

Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
    Darn!!! I did what I thought was a good search in this forum for this very issue. I guess I REALLY missed it! Thanks!