Castle Game

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott L, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

sort of an oldie but I just found it and it's very addicting.

http://www.xgenstudios.com/castle/

- Basically drag and drop enemies into the air to kill them
    - Get the church
    - Now drop guys into your castle to convert them
    - Buy the archery center
    - Click on the red flag to add your converted guys to archers
    - Demo guys are useless but if you buy it all you do is click the blue guys at the top to make em run then click them again to explode
    - Craftsmen fix your castle during play
    - Wizards are the most important, get enough and you can do instant convert
    - 100 or more wizrds you can do multiple instant convert
    - Wziard hotkeys 1, 2, 3 make it easier

Got to level 16 before giving it a rest.

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Damn you Scott now my wrist hurts and its only 9am. [​IMG]

KyleS

3. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

I got to level 14 and got bored with it. I bought the church and archery tower and repair shop but didn't know how to use 'em because I don't read instructions. [​IMG]

4. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    I couldnt figure out how to use the archery thing??

Anybody??

5. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

First you need a church, then you need to grab an attacker and drop him behind your walls. That will net you a convert. Now, when you've bought the archery upgrade, you will have a red flag on one of your parapets. When you have a convert (little human icon under your health bar), click on the flag. That makes him an archer now, and he will shoot an attacker at random. Note that they don't do much in low quantities. I didn't find them to be much help until I had 10 or 20. Beware their upkeep, or you will lose them when you can't pay for them.

6. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

It doesn't take long for to get to the point that your castle is self-sustaining and you don't have to do a thing but click the continue button after each level.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

WTF!?!? All of my archers dissapeared when I started the next level!

8. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

I got 119660 before this big black guy came and destroyed my castle.......i couldn't figure out how to kill him....i don't know how to keep up my castle.

9. John Thomas

The big dude just falls, you can't pick him up and chuck him - I'm guessing archers are the only way to get rid of him.

10. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Archers or spells. Really satisfying to use the convert on him.

Dave, I think you must have run out of money for upkeep. Try to keep a significant stock of money at all times.

11. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

I have a self-sustaining castle right now. I'm going to keep this thing going for as long as I can. Right now, I'm at 1,000,000 points and almost 6000 casualties.

12. John Thomas

Yea, using all facets of the game makes a big difference. :b

I'm up to level 20-something and it's becoming much easier.

13. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

14. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

OK how do I not get a negative upkeep? I kill all the attackers and always have money left over and I still get negative points. On a side note how do I make suer that the archers dont die? Also....lol...what is the purpose of the bomb thing? Thanks. OK I just 1429 casualities before i died cuz all my men died for some reason? WHY?!?!?!

15. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Keep an eye on your current negative upkeep. Try to always have that much in your slush fund after buying upgrades. I suspect that the program pays for upkeep before the income of the last round is added. That leads to the loss of personnel when you appear to have lots of money. That will keep your walls defended.

Also, bombers take a convert you have unused and send him going the opposite directions with a copy of Glitter on his back. Click on him at the opportune moment and he'll watch it, causing him an anyone else in range of Mariah's acting to explode.

I would recommend skipping as the area explosion ability of the mages is far more effective use of your converts, and fun too.

16. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

Van:
    You have to have more money remaining at the end of the level than it costs to hire all your archers, wizards, etc. You pay a fee for each person you employ to defend the castle. If you don't have enough to pay them, they leave (they don't really ever "die").

The bomb thing works like this - when you convert someone you see a stick figure under your castle's health meter. Click on the stick figure and you'll see a little guy walk out the front gate of your castle with a bomb strapped to him. Click him again to make him explode.

The game is fun at first but Neil is right - eventually you can make a totally self-sustaining castle and just let it go on auto-pilot. I've been clicking the continue button out of sheer morbid curiosity, and I'm on level 36 with 24,000 casualties, 150 wizards, 500 archers, and 25 carpenters. I've just been letting it go all day.

Edit: Looks like Alex beat me to it [​IMG]

17. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

OK I bought the mana pool and can't figure out this convert thing. Basically I can click on the skull and kill somebody that way and then click the other one and make everyone in that area die.

18. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

Van: You have to wait until you have enough mana to cast the third spell. Your mana recharges a lot more quickly the more wizards you have. I can't remember but you may need a certain number of wizards before you're even capable of casting the third spell.

19. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

OK I just got 2049 kills and died on, I think, level 16.

20. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Current Status: 30453 casualties, 474 wizards, 546 archers, 136 craftsmen, and over 6,000,000 points....and still going strong. Starting level 44....