1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Castaway and the Fed Ex package

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Potts, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Does anyone remember how to get to the hidden contents of the Fed Ex package in Castaway? I ran a search throughout the HTF and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the help.

2. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

3. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

4. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Kevin, keep in mind that the reveal of the FedEx contents is intended as a joke. I've seen posts on here before where people thought Zemeckis was serious.

5. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The actual contents of the FedEx package:

If you watch the opening to the film, you see the ranch with the wings symbol. You see a package with "wings" travel to another country to be received by a man. This man is married but having an affair. His wife sent out a divorce package to him.

What was going back was the package that Chuck Noland refused to open. Inside that package was a reconcilation "gift" of some sort that never made it home in time.

6. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Ahhh, thanks fellas. That dvdeastereggs site is a good one. I knew that it was supposed to be a joke from Zemeckis, I just couldn't remember how to access it.