What's new

Cast is being Announced for Resident Evil Nemesis (1 Viewer)

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
quote from countingdown.com
AMI tells us that they talked to Director Paul Anderson about who we can expect in Resident Evil 2:
We at AMI recently chated with Paul Anderson and he claimed that a new cast for Resident Evil 2 has been chosen. Milla Jovovich will return as "Alice", Gina Phillips from "Jeepers Creepers" will appear as "Claire", and Natasha Henstridge will appear as the S.T.A.R.S member "Jill Valentine". And of course "Nemesis" will be played by the handsome Eric Mabius. Paul Anderson also has some other male leads for the movie but is not sure if they will say yes to the script.
(Thanks to 'AMI')
man if this is true... as a fan of the game series and the movie itself.. i can't WAIT! the other male leads? im guessing Leon and Carlos.. and hopefully we'll get alil cameo by Chris. :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
GODDAMNIT!!! THEY BROKE THE RULE!!!

They said they WOULDN'T use the characters from the games so they could kill them at will. Now, they're forced to let them live. Though I do like the casting...

Even so, I hope it comes out good (or better than the first, which was pretty good). Maybe they could actually make it scary (big city, nighttime, big strong creepy evil being chasing you around and trying to kill you, etc.).

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Off-topic...
John, I must give you credit, you always have THE best signature of anybody on the forum, and this one's no exception! Love the pix, too -- what movies are they from? (Left and right of your mugshot, obviously :))

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
They said they WOULDN'T use the characters from the games so they could kill them at will. Now, they're forced to let them live. Though I do like the casting...
Before, I would agree with you. I think if the characters were in the movie, they could do anything they want with them. I mean, the original character WERENT in the first RE movie, so why cant you use the characters from the game and do different things with them? Who says that these movies have to be EXACT duplicates of the games? I think that would be great if they put familar personas in the movie and them kill them. That would suprise the crap out of me.
I hope they put Sherry (from RE2) in the next movie, so they can kill her! :laugh: That little bratty bitch must die!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Resident Evil 2: Nemesis

Star Trek: Nemesis

Its a subtitle more than anything for RE2.

I think that they shouldn't use the characters from the games because the movies already set themselves apart from the games. They should make the stories somewhat parallel, but leave the similarities at that.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
The following news was discovered on the Dark Horizons website.

Resident Evil 2: Nemesis: Things seem to be moving quickly with the IMDB listing an October 31st 2003 release date. Coming Soon meanwhile had a report from Paul Anderson: "For the role of Jill Valentine, I carefully chose who I wanted to play her. At first I contacted Natasha Henstridge, but with her other projects she wanted to persue, it was impossible to have her for the role. Mira Sorvino is next on my list. I think she resembles Jill alot and would fit the role perfectly as well. I hope everything goes well, and she will say yes to our script. As for the other roles I have in mind. They are not so concrete yet, but I will mention that "Carlos Olivera" from Resident Evil 3(the game) is on my list. Also we can't forget Milla Jovovich and Eric Mabius. The have said yes to the script and will return as well as I mentioned before in my last interview. As far as the story goes, I can't reveal too much, but I will say that Jill Valentine and Alice will never meet in the story. There will be two seperate stories going on in the movie".

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
As one of the only people in the universe who liked the original, I'm glad to see this one moving ahead so quickly!
Too bad about Henstridge though. She's freakin' gorgeous. Hey, how about Denise Richards? :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
016.jpg

Okay? ;)

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I dunno Scott, if Denise had shown the ability to play anything other than zombies in her film career to date, I might think she could do the job :D.
As it stands, she'd be better suited to a villain role. Or attractive doorstop ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks