Real Name
John Dhein
I think I got skipped.

It's OK though, I'll take:

Francis Ford Coppola

For my screenwriter.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My fault. Somehow, when Justin selected, I had it down for John. Sorry.

It should now be,

Erik's turn.

On deck:

Chris Richard
ChuckDeLa
Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
News Flash: Coppola to script new Cameron film

In a major departure for both Francis Ford Coppola and James Cameron, a spokesman for John Dhein (producer of the new Cameron film) confirmed that Coppola has agreed to terms and will write the screenplay for Dhein’s venture. The subject of the new movie is not known, but it believed to have nothing to do with either aliens or Italians.

Coppola discounted concerns that he would have difficulty in writing for Cameron, who heretofore has written many of his own films, saying ‘I don’t really think that he will interfere, but in any case, nothing he could do would be worse than working with Brando again’.

Cameron too, has brushed aside the potential for any conflict, saying that after listening to all of the criticism of the Titanic plot, he would just be happy to stay on the set the camera and let someone else take the blame for shopworn storylines.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Notice: Mythworld Announcement
Amidst heightened security, the new production company Mythworld, recently formed by James Cameron, Francis Ford Coppola, and John Dhein, issued the following statement today:

The person responsible for the previous announcement has been sacked.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
News Flash: Python sues Mythworld
Citing copyright infringement from their film Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Python, Inc., today filed suit in Federal Court in Atlanta Georgia against Mythworld Pictures, seeking unspecified damages.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
News Flash: Journalists Placing Way Too Much Emphasis on Show Biz Updates
Despite the fact that there's a war going on in Iraq, major media outlets seem abnormally focused on delivering up-to-the-minute reports from Hollywood. "When I hear a news flash, I expect something major, like a hijacking or an earthquake or something," said an anonymous CNN viewer, "not some bull**** item about James Cameron." Sources indicate that this phenomenon may be linked to recent rumors of a media power play by Mary Hart, but this theory remains unconfirmed at this time.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Press Release: Chastened Hollywood Moguls Surprised At Backlash

“We had no idea that news outside the industry was of importance”, admitted a spokesperson. “Or indeed that there was any news at all. After all, the last time any of us ventured any opinions about the outside world, we were told that we should just be quiet”.

Questioned sharply by reporters, the spokesperson did admit to being vaguely aware of earthquakes. “After all, I do live in California”, was the concession.

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor
News Flash: Noted Hollywood Producer Missing

All of Hollywood is in a buzz over the disapearance of producer ErikG. Business associates have been worried when he missed two meetings today where his final decision was needed for casting approval and for distribution rights in a major foreign film.

It has been over 14 hours since anyone has heard from him. It is too early for the police to get involved and foul play is not yet suspected.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
News Flash: Hollywood Update Sues
Hollywood Update, the company that provides News Flashes on upcoming Hollywood stories discovered today that "major media outlets" were reprinting their stories without permission. "Hey, we're a small organization that provide News Flashes to a small community of film buffs. As a matter of fact, we really only thought a small group of HTF fanatics even got our news. The idea that these big time journalists are stealing our stories without any compensation is very upsetting." Asked which "major media outlets" he was talking about, the respose was a cryptic, "I'm not sure. Let me check with Chuck and I'll get back to you." Asked how they could launch a lawsuit without knowing who they were suing, their lawyer, Lionel Hutz replied, "Details, details."

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Chris :laugh:

Sorry guys, wasn't able to get on at work today...

For my Screenwriter, I'll take Quentin Tarantino.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Taken:

...Director:
Alfred Hitchcock
Stanley Kubrick
Steven Spielberg
Akira Kurosawa
Sam Peckinpah
Luis Buñuel
Ingmar Bergman
Martin Scorsese
James Cameron
Francois Truffaut
The Coen Brothers
Walter Hill

...Screenwriter:
Pedro Almodóvar
Akira Kurosawa
Quentin Tarantino
Woody Allen
Francis Ford Coppola

...Actor:
Humphrey Bogart
Robert DeNiro
Toshiro Mifune
Cary Grant
Will Smith
Bruce Willis
Jimmy Stewart

...Actress:
Vivien Leigh
Ingrid Bergman
Audrey Hepburn

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Did I miss something? Kurosawa picked as a screenwriter after he's been picked as a director? WTF?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
OK, read post #44. Should have read it the first time.

I disagree with the rules; too late, of course. I think this would have been much more interesting without any repeats in the draft.

I'll take David Mamet as my screenwriter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks