Cast Away product removed on ABC airing...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Feb 21, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was watching Cast Away on ABC tonight and in the scene when Hanks is rescued and being flown home. His friend brings him a Dr.Pepper and two cups of ice. In the the movie his friend says: "one Dr.Pepper and two cups of ice". In the ABC airing the "One Dr.Pepper" part is removed. And the soda can is changed from a Dr.Peper to an all-silver can with no markings.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Mmkay...guess ABC wanted money for the Dr. Pepper plug and the Doctor refused.

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

That is interesting. I didn't watch all of it but I did see there was at least one Fed-Ex commercial. Do you think they would have tried to paint Fed-Ex out of the movie?

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

No way.

5. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Watched it tonight on ABC for the first time since I saw it in theaters Christmas 2000, and I knew the part was coming up with all the empty Dr. Peppers in front of Tom Hanks on the plane(he drank himself just about a hundred Docta Peppas)but it didn't show them. I felt robbed![​IMG]

Also, I don't watch too many movies on ABC, and it seemed to me that there were commercial brakes WAY too often. Does ABC just show a lot of commercials on everything?, cause I don't think most other stations I watch show that many in such a short time frame when watching movies on other channels. And I think they coulda picked better places for the commercials than they did, they put a commercial RIGHT after Wilson was floating away, and didn't pick up on Hanks crying until after the commercials. That just totally ruined that scene for me, especially since I havent seen the movie in over three years.

*Rant over*

6. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I NEVER watch a movie on network TV because of the commercials, and the edits, and the time compression, and the tags at the bottom of the screen,and the (mostly) lack of OAR, and the.....product changes?

7. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

The whole MOVIE'S a FedEx commercial - there'd be nothing left if they erased it! [​IMG]

8. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

That's what I'm saying.

I don't complain about commercials. Because of the commercials, I didn't have to pay anything to watch a good movie in high definition.