What's new

Casper (Widescreen) from Amazon (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I ordered the Casper (SE) Widescreen DVD from Amazon and recieved the Fullscreen version :frowning: I emailed Amazon that I did not recieve the proper item and this was their response
As it seems that the problem with this item is more widespread than we originally thought, I hesitate to send you replacement order for this item. We will investigate and remedy the situation with the item; however, I cannot guarantee when the error may be fixed.

I have requested a refund for the item, including associated shipping costs.
Has anyone else recieved the incorrect DVD through Amazon (or other online sites)? I wonder what the problem is. I am returning the DVD and they are crediting my account because they obviously don't have the WS versions.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Mark,

My copy of Casper (SE) Widescreen was pre-ordered from Lasersedge. When there was no shipping notice sent to me after the September 23, release date, I inquired as to what was going on.

The response I received from them was:
we are still awaiting stock from our supplier. They mistakenly got
only Full Screen versions. They should be in stock soon (the W/S Version).
On 9/25/03 I received an e-mail that the widescreen version was shipped and I have received it since.

From your post, it looks like this problem was wide spread. I'm just glad that I don't have to hassle with any returns.;)

Regards,

Paul

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for confirming that this problem is more wide spread than Amazon. I was at Wal-Mart today and they only had Fullframe versions, but I wasn't sure if it was because they couldn't get the WS or they were only stocking Fullframe.

I guess I'll have to wait and buy the WS version at Circuit City to be positive I get the correct version. I was so upset (if this is the case where the distributors didn't send the WS versions out) that Amazon just sent me the Fullscreen version and not say anything to me.

Thank god I didn't open it or put it on my shelf for a few months before I noticed the Fullscreen title. I'd be really upset if I got stuck with it. Amazon let me print out a postage tag to send it back for free. :emoji_thumbsup:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
My copy from Amazon, along with Babe, arrived in beautiful widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.