What's new

Cashier at Best Buy stuck it to me today... (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
And again, that is an assumption based on few experiences. Just because there are many bad apples out there doesnt mean that you should lump everyone together into that group. To me it is the same as discrimination. So immediately I am a bad employee and am not knowledgeable just because I happen to work for said company? It is the same as saying that everyone with a certain belief system or gender is stupid or bad because of experience with them.
I do not mean to push buttons on this issue, and if I am in violation of anything, moderators please tell me, but I take great offense to all this bashing of retail sales people that goes on in here. I know that I can just ignore this thread and not read it or post in it, but the fact that it exists in the first place bothers me, and this kind of bashing and name calling occurs in many threads throughout many sections. I come to this forum for civil adult discussion about topics I take a great interest in and I love the fact that no attacks on individuals is allowed or tolerated on here, but things like this slip through and it bugs the hell out of me.
Just sharing my two cents.

Now that I think about it, isnt there an area(which I completely ignore) to post things such as this? Its called the retail and vendor feedback area, meaning topics and comments such as the ones in this thread have nothing to do with software and shouldnt be here. Ever.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
today a best buy gal, while i was checking out, asked me "Do You Know its Widescreen your buying", i was like heck yeah....

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, gotta jump in here.
For years Best Buy was notorious for, and synonymous with horrible, uneducated, unhelpful in the extreme and just generally worthless employees and managers. Customer service was something the other guy did. Recently however, (actually it's probably been about a year or two now), they have done a drastic about face. I travel a great deal and am often gone 5-6 weeks at a time seeing just as many major metropolitan areas. So I'm usually at some Best Buy or another come Tuesday or Wednesday every week and not only have I ran into courteous, helpful and informed employees, but I've had several go out of their way to accomodate me. Even returns are a piece of cake now days.
I even called a store back once to talk to a manager to tell her what a great job one of the employees working the returns counter was doing. That floored them.
I'm not saying what she did was right or even called for, but I seem to find her attitude more the exception than the rule.
If you want BAD customer service, try any Circuit City in the Western Chicago suburbs. They have to be a benchmark for poor employees.
Anyway just my two cents.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so I will be the first one to ask:

What's in the UR version of Wild Things that would compel a guy who owns the original DVD to double dip? :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I have no complaints about my hometown Best Buy. I've always seen banners on the wall next to the checkout lanes that say "No. 1 Store in the Region, January 2004" or something like that, so I think it all depends on which Best Buy you go to.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I personally don't have anything against best buy employees or retail employees for that matter, but generally when I go buy something I really don't much care for a commentary on what I'm buying, because it really should not concern them. However, I don't mind chatting about something with the person but I don't need an editorial.

Shaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Sean (great name btw);

I dont think folks here were bashing retail in general. If you look at the thread, they were going after this one person. As in all things in life, we are all different. Some of us do a better job then others. This is true for all avocations.

Personally, I dont mind a conversation with anyone in a retail outlet. I do take issue with someone passing judgement on my purchases or trying to impose their morality on me. But then those feelings are not restricted to retail clerks.

Generally, when I am out shopping I am with my girlfriend and we generally try to make the store clerks giggle at our subtle sexual inuendos with each other. I am lucky in that I have not had the experience described here where someone tried to impose their morality on me. I suspect that my girlfriend and myself would probably just go to town on the clerk and suggest all kinds of unspeakable things :D

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Cashier had no business commenting on your purchase like that. I would have had a little chat with the manager.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I'm having trouble believing this is for real.

I mean who knows who Susan Ward even is, let alone someone who works at Best Buy? WILD THINGS 2 was a direct to cable movie, only played on Encore's MYSTERY CHANNEL. How would she even know if she was naked in it (and she isn't so she obviously didn't know)?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
He was singling out the employee he encountered, then this thread turned into a "All retail employees suck!" I am part of that group that is being bashed. I make comments to my customers on their selections while they are in store. Here is where my comment may turn into a personal attack and for this I apologize, but if you are the kind of customer that comes in and snaps at an employee that is commenting on your purchase or just simply wants to help you, then you are part of the problem at retail outlets. It is people jumping all over employees for minor things such as comments or trying to help that causes bitter attitudes and bad training at stores. It is easy to get discouraged when you have some random person say to you "GOD, no I dont want help! Did I ask for your help?" when all you do is say "Hi" or "Good choice" on their selection. And dont throw this holier than thou bullcrap argument that retail employees dont have an opinion that matters and we should all just shut up. Why dont we find out what everyones occupation here is in the forum and then start threads bashing how stupid and insipid their opinions are and how they dont matter? This is why threads like this are stupid and pointless, and even if it isnt meant as an attack on people like me, IT IS! I can guarantee if I were to make a customer bashing thread in the software section saying how many problem customers I have during my day lots of people would get defensive. Lets just move this silly thread to one of two places......the trash, or to the retail feedback area.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I think the real question in this thread is:

what's new nude in the Wild Things unrated version?

:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Let's keep our perspective here and stop taking negative feedback about retail workers as a personal affront to you. Also, if you have a problem with any thread then report it to the moderators.

Crawdaddy

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Not really, not everyone has thin skin. Everyone knows that there are going to be problematic customers (those BB employees have to shop somewhere too :D J/K), but not everyone is going to think that all posts about said customers are singling them out. IME BB is not that bad, but my interaction with the employees mainly consists of "Do you have x in stock?", and the cashiers ring you up and send you on your way. Now, Walmart is a completely different story, especially on new release Tuesdays. I have come to the realization that it is pointless to look for anything before noon unless it is the one major mass market release of the week, or they have a display that can just be wheeled out.

Chris

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

By the way, all of us are customers whether we work in retail or not, we're customers to somebody in the retail end of a business.

Crawdaddy

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have a friend who worked in clothing retail a long time and her strategy was NOT to ask the typical "May I help you?" because most of the time people say no. Instead she would actually make conversation - reference the recent college game or whatever. This puts customers at ease and makes them more likely to ask for help, advice. I thought she was a genius for that.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for moving this thread to the appropriate area. Normally I would not get so defensive about it, but the retail bashing just runs rampant throughout the forum it seems and I reached my breaking point. If I offended anyone on here with any of my comments, I apologize. But I must thank Crawdaddy for moving this to the approriate area where it can continue, and it seems that most of the posts since then have been more level headed since.

Thank you.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I bought "T3" and "Pumping Iron" release week because BB had a deal if you bought them together and the Female cashier looked me up and down, seemingly to gauge my sexual preference, and said, "Hmmmm... You like Arnold, huh?"
It was a tad embarassing, but I forgot about it a minute after I left the store. Life's too short...

And what ARE the differences in Wild Things UR...?

:) D

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, Sean, but the people who work in the Los Angeles-area Best Buy are the worst kinds of care-nothing slackers I've ever met. I have stopped shopping there altogether; I'd rather give my buddy Ivan at Laser Blazer in West L.A. the extra three-four bucks to get what I'm after than deal with the hassles of Best Buy.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

Everything I said is true. She mentioned Susan Ward several times. She said that Susan Ward was naked in an Unrated version on the In Crowd. I was actually shocked that she knew who she was. I think she thought Ward was in the First Wildthings instead of Denise Richards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks