Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Casanova Brown Blu-ray Review
casanovabrowntop-1024x758.jpg

An amiable comedy of miscommunication with delightful stars and touches of screwball comedy tropes of old, Sam Wood’s Casanova Brown is fairly lightweight material for two Academy Award-winning stars.

[review]

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Matt for your fine review. I'm going to try to watch this Blu-ray this week as I read some negative comments about the movie. Again, comedy is so subjective so I'll see what happens as I haven't seen this movie in many, many years and don't remember much about it. Perhaps, my memory will kick in once I start to watch the disc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched my Blu-ray early this morning and found it an enjoyable comedy. My film grade is 3.0 which is an average movie grade by me. Yes, the ClassicFlix Blu-ray's video presentation is really good.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I haven't unwrapped my Blu-Ray, I thought this movie was excellent.

It has been a few years, but I especially love the scene early on when Gary Cooper has troubles with his cigar, and accidentally burns down his in-law's mansion.

I'm perhaps biased a bit though since I adore Teresa Wright.

HawksFord

Premium
Real Name
Maurice
Inspired by this recent discussion, I watched Casanova Brown on blu-ray last night. My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. Frank Morgan is great, of course, but so are Theresa Wright and Gary Cooper. Mary Treen is another standout. I'm a big fan of screwball comedies, and this certainly has some of those elements. For my money, a fun little comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks