What's new

Casablanca UCE on Dec. 2nd (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I just got the regular two disc set of this film and was dissapointed.

Lost of great extras, good picture quality so what could be wrong.

It seemed that the film was happening far away and not right in front of me and I finally realised the sound is the problem.

Warners in the forties had a really good bright crisp sound. Not here. the high end has been clobbered right off the soundtrack to get rid of minimal optical hiss.

But you can hear this on the dvd. Playing the film, you can quickly swith from the film soundtrack to one of the two commentary tracks. On the commentary tracks you can hear entire scenes in the background and foreground, oviously recorded before the soundtrack was filtered. There you can hear the brightness and crispness lacking in the actual film track.

to put it mildy, I felt cheated.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got the previous one too, this is one of the classics that never did much for me. If on sale, I might grab this for the Warner doc.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Looks like I'll be passing since I already own the 2-disk. Spending this much money and only getting a Jack Warner doc meets my definition of insanity.

MikeDE

Second Unit
Looks like another dip in the well for me...gotta have those letters of transit.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Why can't they release the extra stuff in its own package too? I already have the two disc set twice (once upon its initial release and second upon the Humprey Bogart Signature Collection) yet the other stuff is interesting but not interesting enough for me to triple dip it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

The letters of transit signed by De Gaulle himself, & can't even be countermanded by Hitler (if memory serves me right) has to be the craziest Mc Guffin in all movie history!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Sell off the initial 2-discer... that's what I'll be doing!

And I normally don't advocate double-dipping for fanboy packages but this just looks too amazing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks