What's new

CASABLANCA, FORBIDDEN PLANET, Brando MUTINY on HD DVD Nov. 14th (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Forbidden Planet looks righteous on HD Net Movies. This 'un will surely look awesome. I sure wish that the MUtiny On The Bounty was gonna be the 1935 one.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

I would like that one too, but I've never seen the 1962 version in widescreen, only in old pan and scan prints shown on UHF. So, I'm looking forward to really seeing it for the first time.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Exciting times!
Hopefully the buckshot approach to title releases makes a little more sense to everyone now that over a hundred titles have been announced.
'Something for Everyone'

John Stockton

Second Unit
I hope Mutiny is transfered from 65MM anamorphic sources rendering the 2:76:1 OAR of its roadshow engagements.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is GREAT news Larry. Just saw that too. Unreal....Casablanca on HD-DVD...I'm all over that.

Warner is AWESOME. :)

"We'll always have Paris, HD-DVD"...;)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
I almost wet my pants... Casablanca.... Forbidden Planet... Mutiny on the Bounty... The Deer Hunter... The Breakfast Club... I have a feeling there are many more HD DVD announcements coming. Damn it's gonna be an expensive 4th quarter for me.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Cute!
I thought you were going for;
"We'll always have WB."
So...
I will!!! ;-)
WB is HT's BEST friend. How many years running now, will WB be "Best Studio"?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I was thinking the very same thing earlier Ed about WB. It was the muscle and genius behind DVD and looks like it's the same way for HD-DVD. Only now WB is moving some current hits with a good mixture of Cinema Classics. Amazing. WB's library is huge for sure, but they have released some great ones already in HD-DVD.

Gotta love WB. :)

john a hunter

Screenwriter
The HD DVD Camp release Casablanca and Forbidden Planet and what does blu ray come up with-Pearl Harbor. That about sums up the present state of play!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Warner is in the Blu-ray camp too so without a doubt those two titles will eventually come out on BR too. Case in point, "The Searchers" is out on BRD later this month.

Crawdaddy

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Eventually might be the key, though - Warner does seem be giving preferential treatment to HD-DVD (not unexpected - don't they and Toshiba own chunks of each other?). If something is out on HD-DVD first, the people who bought both platforms will probably get it on that format, allowing them to boost the format they have a larger investment in while still hedging their bets.

Or maybe I'm reading far, far too much into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks