What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I hope the owner goes back to some film, and doesn‘t create a Blu-ray from something found on the inter-web.

It’s said that Gunga Din has element problems - something about a Y record, but I’m sure Criterion will figure it out.
sadly the film looks good on Russian illegal sites an claims of HD RAH do you know what exists on Din OCN maybe

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I hope the owner goes back to some film, and doesn‘t create a Blu-ray from something found on the inter-web.

It’s said that Gunga Din has element problems - something about a Y record, but I’m sure Criterion will figure it out.
I would love to believe that it is in progress, but all this does seem a little vague. Agreed. I think Criterion would do some justice to GD, they can be miracle workers!!

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
Just announced as coming from Criterion in October

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Hey....Looky Looky what I just saw!!! Coming this Oct from Criterion!!
29005-arsenic-and-old-lace

Attachments

• bWEA41YCQNEKPfVmws5oTnDP3FYcpa_large.jpg
    bWEA41YCQNEKPfVmws5oTnDP3FYcpa_large.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Real Name
John
Hey....Looky Looky what I just saw!!! Coming this Oct from Criterion!!
29005-arsenic-and-old-lace

If that's going to be the cover, then Criterion needs to be reminded that Priscilla Lane was in this movie. Terrible artwork., IMHO. This was perfect. Why 1658178402413.png re-invent the wheel?
1658178402413.png

1658178402413.png

Real Name
John

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
That's the DVD I have. I agree with you, and even though Lane is on this cover, I still think most of the other covers you posted are better.

All the previous home video releases before DVD included Cary and both of his aunts and would give you and idea what the movie was about if you hadn't seen it before. The original DVD of Cary carrying the girl over his shoulder amongst a solid white background doesn't sell the film at all, it looks like a screwball rom-com.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
If that's going to be the cover, then Criterion needs to be reminded that Priscilla Lane was in this movie. Terrible artwork., IMHO.

I like Criterion's cover art. A lot. And I have both Warner's snapper DVD and the Criterion LD (and I probably originally had the CBS/Fox LD as well; I can't recall).

Still, generally speaking, I don't really care about cover art. It has to be stunningly beautiful for me to make a point of looking at the cover art, and I find very few covers to be stunningly beautiful. (And for the record, I don't think Cary Grant carrying Priscilla Lane over his shoulder quite makes the grade.)

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I like Criterion's cover art. A lot. And I have both Warner's snapper DVD and the Criterion LD (and I probably originally had the CBS/Fox LD as well; I can't recall).

Still, generally speaking, I don't really care about cover art. It has to be stunningly beautiful for me to make a point of looking at the cover art, and I find very few covers to be stunningly beautiful. (And for the record, I don't think Cary Grant carrying Priscilla Lane over his shoulder quite makes the grade.)

At least with the last VHS, Cary carrying Priscilla doesn't look too bad as he is doing through the cemetery.

Last edited:

mskaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Kochman

I like the new AAOL Criterion cover. It's witty smart and modern. The older ones are terrible. If not terrible, predictably old fashioned and totally miss the tone of the film.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Agreed, that cover gives a lighter, almost RomCom feel...not all that this movie is about by a long shot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gomerpile1
Recent bookmarks