What's new

Carver M-500 Power Amp-250 watts per chan. (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have a Carver M-500 2 channel power amp. This provides a minimum of 250 watts per channel. Can be bridged to 700 watts per channel. This is not the "T" version. Has dual meters, light dimmer for the meters,etc. This is in excellent condition. Can send pictures as well. This is a true audiophile grade amp.

$350 and shipping...

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
May I ask why you are selling it so fast?
I understand you just acquired this amp.
I read your thread at AVS.
Jerry

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I just picked it up yesterday. Tough decision wether to keep it or sell it. I bought it based upon the value and only really have a need for it as a subwoofer amp. A shame to use it for a sub. I have been reading up on it at the Carver forum. I was impressed at the condition.I will most likely put it up on E-bay as they are selling really well...

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
How does the amp work - have you had a chance to try it on anything more than a sub? And how is it cosmetically - any scratches, etc? Would it really be considered BEST (as in perfect cosmetically & electronically), or is it closer to BETTER or FAIR? Sorry for all the questions, but my sister's had a Carver forever and I've always been kinda intrigued with trying one...

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
It is an easy 8 out of 10. No scratches but some wear just on age. Not as shiny as it once was, no real blemishes to speak of. I had my wife put it under her E-Bay account. There are some pictures on the site. I can end the auction early for a serious buyer. I have not taken the time to truly put it to the test but it does sound really nice with more power than i could truly use. It may not be quite a "Best" but very nice. Works perfect-even has a dimmer switch for the lighted power meters. I will also be willing to negotiate on the price for serious interest fro forum members...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks