CARVER amps (M500t)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Ped, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Has anyone had any experience with or seen/heard the carver amp M500t? I can get it for 300$ and I was wondering whether thats a good amp? I can't find any manual for it on the carver site...can anyone help me with this? Am I looking in the wrong place for the manual? How long ago did they manufactor this model anyway? Thanx for any help!
    Mike
    ------------------
    I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

2. BobL

BobL Agent

Hi Mike,
    I have two M500T amps. They are very good. I used to only have one and it was driving my Infinity Reference Standard IIb speakers with excellent results. I added a second one and bi-amped my speakers with phenomenal results. I don't remember how much I paid for them. I think about $500 or $600 dollars each new. I bought the first one in 1987 and my second in 1988 and they haven't given me any problems.
    I am not sure if $300 is a good price or not. They are good amps but I would bet at least 10+ years old. Hope this helps.
    Bob

3. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Thanx! I'm not sure if a 10 year old amp is a good idea then? hhmmm...
    Mike
    ------------------
    I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...