What's new

CARVER amps (M500t) (1 Viewer)

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
Has anyone had any experience with or seen/heard the carver amp M500t? I can get it for 300$ and I was wondering whether thats a good amp? I can't find any manual for it on the carver site...can anyone help me with this? Am I looking in the wrong place for the manual? How long ago did they manufactor this model anyway? Thanx for any help!
Mike
------------------
I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

BobL

Agent
Hi Mike,
I have two M500T amps. They are very good. I used to only have one and it was driving my Infinity Reference Standard IIb speakers with excellent results. I added a second one and bi-amped my speakers with phenomenal results. I don't remember how much I paid for them. I think about $500 or $600 dollars each new. I bought the first one in 1987 and my second in 1988 and they haven't given me any problems.
I am not sure if $300 is a good price or not. They are good amps but I would bet at least 10+ years old. Hope this helps.
Bob

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
Thanx! I'm not sure if a 10 year old amp is a good idea then? hhmmm...
Mike
------------------
I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks