What's new

Carver Amp (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I used to use the av705 and it was a stereophile class a component(before they had AAA). It's a great amp, and I highly reccomend it.

kevin tate

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the answer Jeff. The 505 is the little brother of the 705 @ 80w x 5 (all channel driven). Presently, I have the Audiosource Amp3 @ 150w/channel driving the front two speakers. I also have the Sherwood receiver rated @ 100w x 5 (but it delivered 54w when all channel are driven according to Sound & Vision testing) driving the center and the surround speakers. The front and center speakers are rated 90dB for efficiency, and the rear speakers are rated @ 89dB. I wanted to get another amp to drive the center speaker, but the wife complained about too many "boxes". Is it a "downgrade" to replace the Amp3 @ 150w x 2 with the Carver 505 @ 80w x 5 for the whole system? I use my system for 50% music & 50% movies.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
the carver, when it first came out, went for like $1200..however, back then, you didnt have the high watt multis that you have now...

cant say, as i havent heard your audiosource...but carver is good stuff...

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks