Carve out some fun at Blockbuster...stupid

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Will K, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

Has anyone else seen Blockbuster's little Halloween program where certain titles are highlighted with an on- shelf paper pumpkin that reads "Carve out some fun for Halloween"(or something to that effect).
    Titles at my local stores include Carrie, Alien, and other assorted skin-crawlers. Other titles designated: how about Tim Robbins' Cradle Will Rock or Born On The Fourth Of July?
    Yeahh!!! When I think of fun, I think of Born On The Fourth Of July! What better way to supplement an evening of pumpkin-carving and trick-or-treating than this true story of guy a who goes to Vietnam and gets his genitals blown off?
    I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the kind of bottom-of-the-barrel marketing that's grislier than any Halloween costume.
    ------------------
    My Scary DVD Collection

2. Brian_Hitchlock

Brian_Hitchlock Auditioning

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Blockbuster's only appreciation of movies is how much they make from them.
    Whatever happened to video stores where someone could actually recommend a movie (worth recommending)?

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Sadly, the best place to rent films is never a chain. But, Mom and Pop places just don't have the means to carry alot of DVD's yet. Too bad because I remember alot of days where it took me longer to talk about the film I was renting than to actually sit down and watch it.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I am pleased to say that I have a mom and pop dvd store near my house called 'Digitainment' and they do care about movies, they also reccomend them, they also have more of a dvd selection then any 'Blockbuster' i've ever been in, and, cherry on the cake, they're all OAR!
    ------------------
    God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!