What's new

Carve out some fun at Blockbuster...stupid (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Has anyone else seen Blockbuster's little Halloween program where certain titles are highlighted with an on- shelf paper pumpkin that reads "Carve out some fun for Halloween"(or something to that effect).
Titles at my local stores include Carrie, Alien, and other assorted skin-crawlers. Other titles designated: how about Tim Robbins' Cradle Will Rock or Born On The Fourth Of July?
Yeahh!!! When I think of fun, I think of Born On The Fourth Of July! What better way to supplement an evening of pumpkin-carving and trick-or-treating than this true story of guy a who goes to Vietnam and gets his genitals blown off?
I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the kind of bottom-of-the-barrel marketing that's grislier than any Halloween costume.
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Brian_Hitchlock

Auditioning
It doesn't surprise me one bit. Blockbuster's only appreciation of movies is how much they make from them.
Whatever happened to video stores where someone could actually recommend a movie (worth recommending)?

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Those days are long gone Brain * Sigh
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, the best place to rent films is never a chain. But, Mom and Pop places just don't have the means to carry alot of DVD's yet. Too bad because I remember alot of days where it took me longer to talk about the film I was renting than to actually sit down and watch it.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I am pleased to say that I have a mom and pop dvd store near my house called 'Digitainment' and they do care about movies, they also reccomend them, they also have more of a dvd selection then any 'Blockbuster' i've ever been in, and, cherry on the cake, they're all OAR!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks