Cartoon Network's animated sequel to HELL BOY!

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I saw the first Hellboy movie and thought is was quite entertaining. It will be interesting to hear what this animated sequel is going to about.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
More importantly, are they going to pick up that Sci Fi pilot based on Mignola's "The Amazing Screw On Head" that aired on their website? THAT is some fun and surreal television. And a great comic to boot.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I never watched Frasier much so I didn't have any problem with her

I thought the film last night was very good and captured the flavor of the comics better than the live action film, which I really like but takes some annoying liberties. Loved how they worked in the adaptation of Heads, and I liked that they had Kate appear and that they stuck with the comics in having the chemistry be between Liz and Abe instead of Hellboy and Liz.

The character designs took some getting used to, and I'm still not crazy about Liz's look, but otherwise I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Cameron Yee

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I haven't read all the Hellboy books (just what's available at the library), but it was fun catching the familiar pieces like the heads.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I watched this Saturday night and aside from the numerous (albeit short) commercial interruptions, I enjoyed it. My 6 year old son did, too. He was running around all day sunday in his Mr. Incredible Halloween costume saying "Aw, crap" and laughing hysterically. Awesome.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought it was okay... could have used a bit of tightening in the script department. It took way too long to figure out why Hellboy was in the alternate dimension/spirit world. The animation, for the most part, was okay. I didn't particularly like their stylistic choices for Liz, or for that matter, any of the female characters. Through out the movie, I kept thinking Liz was somehow related to Kim Possible and the less said about Kate's design the better. I did love the banter between the noobie and the rest of the techs.

I am looking forward to the sequel and hopefully they'll have worked some of the bugs out of the formula.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, it would have helped if CN actually promoted this show. I mean, I only watch the station during Adult Swim, and I didn't see one ad. So, I had no idea this was going to be on Saturday until it was too late.

Jason

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
I have a better tale of woe. I forgot it was on but, fortunately, my Tivo was on CN so I was only about 5 minutes late ... then the power went out for the next 22.5 hours!!!!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
A second Hellboy animated TV movie, Hellboy: Blood and Iron, will premiere on March 17th at 7:00 pm ET/PT. It will again aire on the Cartoon Network!

Again, it will be the same voice cast as the previous live action and animated movies.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvwatcher