What's new

Cartoon Network Adult Swim (1 Viewer)

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I don't know if you have all checked this out, but's its VERY irreverant 15 minute cartoons that are just HILARIOUS, it's on late on Sundays, and features just some wacky shit. You must check it out.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
They're not all 15 minutes.

30 minutes:

Home Movies (now my favorite of the whole block)

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Mission Hill

Baby Blues

Welcome to Eltingville (although I think this was just a special)

15 minutes:

The Brak Show

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Sealab 2021

Did anyone watch it last night? They showed that dog show that had Jack Black as the voice of the dog, but for some reason it was being shown in French and English at the same time - it happened on every TV in my house.

If there's any one show you don't like, just watch it a few times and it will grow on you. I didn't like Home Movies or Aqua Teen at first but now they're my favorites.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What would Adult Swim be considered? Its not a show, so what is it?

Well, whatever it is, it's funny as hell.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
They like to screw with your head...the SGC2C with the high pitch buzz in the background...thought my HT blew a speaker.

Kept thinking the SAP button was on yesterday....I'd do the same if I could

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Shit did you see Sealab 2022 last night? HILARIOUS. That trash robot keeps taking Captains teeth:

"What are you...making a necklace?"

and later he comes back to kill his pet scorpion wearing a tooth necklace.

Also, in Aqua Teen:

MC Pee Pants

"Im an 8 foot tall spider wearing a diaper, Im insane"

Funniest things since...ever...maybe like the first time you saw Beavis and Butthead, it's THAT new.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
The Sealab was a rerun but still awesome. "MC Pee Pants" on Aqua Teen Hunger Squad was hilarious as well.

I really liked "Welcome to Elkingville" and I hope they bring it on full time.

I love Adult Swim.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
What would Adult Swim be considered? Its not a show, so what is it?

It's a collection (or maybe a block) of shows.
It's a programming block like Toonami or, hell, Must See TV Thursdays. It also rocks my ass. Mission Hill was pretty damn cool. But where's Baby Blues? It hasn't been around the last couple weeks.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Was Welcome to Elkingville the nerds? Thankfully I knew NONE of the answers to the question in the boba fett trivia off.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Writer for Welcome to Eltingville, Link Removed :laugh:
It was drawn in the same style as Clerks: TAS, with that thick black line. I liked it.
Home Movies
Paula: What'd you just say?
Brendon: This meatloaf is dry.
Paula: Before that.
Brendon: This is meatloaf?
Paula: No, before that.
Brendon: This fish is dry.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Adult Swim should be on more often. My viewing of The Practice gets in the way of the beginning of it, plus I have to go to school on Monday.

They should do Adult Swim every night with like 1 hour worth of shows (different for each night) for the weekdays, then have the anime saturday night thing, then show something else on sundays (like more shows or something).

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
"Did you hear that lyric? He wants to drill a hole into hell and release an army of demons to run his diet pill pyramid scheme!"

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It's a shame I'm always so preoccupied and/or tired Sunday nights, because Adult Swim is terrific!

I am pumped that they repeated the "Welcome to Eltingville" pilot, as I heard about it the day after it last aired. I've been a huge fan of Evan Dorkin's comics (Milk & Cheese being the most famous), and I really hope Cartoon Network would consider more episodes. Dorkin already developed a series "bible" and some ideas for further episodes.

BTW, when writing the "Trivia off," Evan and his wife had to do tons of research for those questions. In an online chat, someone asked Evan what the answers to the disqualified questions were (ie "What's Xena's bra size?")... Evan seemed rather perplexed that anyone would want to know the answers and admitted that he had no idea.

Some further factoids... Home Movies is from some of the same people responsible for Comedy Central's late, great "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist." Some of the same voices are very obvious, and Jonathan Katz has appeared on Home Movies several times. Baby Blues and Mission Hill are network reject series. Baby Blues was on ABC and Mission Hill on UPN (I think). I'm curious how many episodes there are of Mission Hill, as it was cancelled rather fast. Wonder why Cartoon Network hasn't looked into The Oblongs or Clerks: The Animated Series...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is genius.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
Have there been any new episodes of Harvey Birdman? The one with Apache Chief from Super-Friends was a laugh riot!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure Baby Blues was on WB, as there have been some references to it in the show. And so it found its way to Cartoon Network since they're both part of AOL/TW.

As far as I know there are only two episodes of Harvey Birdman. The other episode is the one that put a whole different spin on Johnny Quest.

The Brak Show isn't nearly as funny as the antics of Brak in any episode of Cartoon Planet, they really need to bring that back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks