What's new

Carsick Dog (1 Viewer)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Im planning a weekend up in the mountains with the wife and the dog. Problem is, the dog gets carsick when we take him for a car ride. Is there anything you guys know of to help dogs from getting motion sickness?

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Motion sickness in a car usually derives from not being in control of the motion of the vehicle, so the solution is to
let him drive.

:D

Seriously, puppies usually grow out of this, if you take them for enough rides when they are young. Older dogs can be given Meclizine:

Meclizine HCl Tablets 12.5 mg, 25 mg (plain & chewable), 50 mg; Antivert® (Pfizer US) (Rx), Antrizine® (Major) (Rx); Antivert/25® (Pfizer US) (Rx), Dramamine Less Drowsy Formula® (Pharmacia & Upjohn), (OTC); Bonine® (Pfizer Consumer) (OTC); Antivert/50® (Pfizer US) (Rx); generic; (Rx & OTC).

You MUST consult with your veterinarian about this before trying!!!!!!!!!

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

LOL. Reminds of that commercial with the guy riding shotgun and his dog is driving the truck who procedes to chase a bunch of ducks in the pond. "you're not even listening to a word Im saying, are you?" Love that commercial.

I will probably check with the vet later this afternoon. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any home remedies or tricks to try. Thanks for the list Julian! I was wondering if Bonine or Dramamine would work. Ill call our vet before anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks