What's new

Carry On in Blu (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I could see them being released in the UK, but I think the chances of a North American release are pretty much nil.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Worth

I could see them being released in the UK, but I think the chances of a North American release are pretty much nil.

There's never been a definitive release of all 31 films; just best-ofs and other collections, two-packs and so on. I don't think most of the films would look very good on bluray; all the prints I've ever seen look a little washed out. I'm hoping for a complete set one day, but I think standard def is the most we're gonna get. I do know that a company called "Wham" has been re-re-rereleasing some of the films for Region 1 dvd, as recently as a couple months ago. Hopefully they're doing a good job and they'll get to do all the films.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
There's never been a definitive release of all 31 films; just best-ofs and other collections, two-packs and so on. I don't think most of the films would look very good on bluray; all the prints I've ever seen look a little washed out. I'm hoping for a complete set one day, but I think standard def is the most we're gonna get. I do know that a company called "Wham" has been re-re-rereleasing some of the films for Region 1 dvd, as recently as a couple months ago. Hopefully they're doing a good job and they'll get to do all the films.

Does Wham have a site?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by darkrock17

Does Wham have a site?

Can't find a site for them. I only saw their amazon.com offerings:

http://www.amazon.com/Carry-Gang-Camping-Matron-Columbus/dp/B0008GGN5C/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1302104048&sr=1-4

And I'm such a liar. I forgot that there is a Carry On "Ultimate Collection" which included the 30 original films. But alas, it was only in PAL and that's why I never had it :D It would be nice to see a complete collection in the U.S. but U.S. dvd buyers only seem to know Dr. Who and they stop at that.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

Can't find a site for them. I only saw their amazon.com offerings:

http://www.amazon.com/Carry-Gang-Camping-Matron-Columbus/dp/B0008GGN5C/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1302104048&sr=1-4

And I'm such a liar. I forgot that there is a Carry On "Ultimate Collection" which included the 30 original films. But alas, it was only in PAL and that's why I never had it :D It would be nice to see a complete collection in the U.S. but U.S. dvd buyers only seem to know Dr. Who and they stop at that.

The US knows more than Dr. Who, we love Britcoms, at least I do.

Carry On would be great to see on Blu, if not a good remastered Standard Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks