What's new

"Carrie" SE Audio Error? (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen this movie in a LOOONG time, so I need to know if an apparent sound mistake has always been a problem or not. At the 52:44 point, when Tommy and his friends are trying on tuxedos, their dialogue briefly speeds up to Chipmunks tones. I initially thought this was intentional, but it makes no sense within the context of the scene.
I checked other articles about the movie but found no mention of this issue. So what's the scoop: has this weird issue always been there for Carrie, or is it new to the SE?
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Stupid isn't it. I heard the same thing on the non anamorphic one.
laugh.gif

Makes no sense..this ain't no comedy!

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
It's intentional, not a mistake.
Although it's not a comedy, that scene is intended to be comic relief.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I know the scene was comedic in tone, but it seemed odd that the audio was sped up for just a couple of lines, while the rest of it runs at normal speed. That's why I questioned it. Nonetheless, I'll accept it as being intentional if others say so - I certainly don't know the film well enough to judge...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I've seen it a million times -- on tape, laserdisc, and DVD. The speeded up effect is absolutely intentional. Personally, I like it.
When Kubrick speeds up sex scenes in "Clockwork Orange," it's hilarious and briliant. When DePalma does something similar in what's already a lighthearted scene, it's "stupid." Interesting double standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks