What's new

Carpenter and Piper to do commentary on They Live SE DVD (1 Viewer)

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if this has already been covered in a previous thread, but I just read this tidbit of info at the end of a review for John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars over at Ain't it Cool News, and apparently at a Q&A session after the film, Carpenter said that he and the Rowdy one will indeed record a commentary track for the upcoming They Live Special Edition. Here's the link the the review.
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=9827
Sounds like good news to me, as I was hoping to hear Roddy Piper do commentary on this disc. I can't wait to hear what all he has to say. Universal, you've definitely got me buying this SE now!
------------------
Help urge Fox to release Terror Train on DVD Uncut!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/.../003324.html#0

Spero D

Second Unit
That is indeed Fantastic news. I have They Live and it is indeed a great guilty pleasure :) Can't wait for the SE now.
Spero D.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Awesome!! I have the Image version and look forward to buying the Special Edition! :)
Gregory

Will K

Screenwriter
Whoa...this has made my day! Too bad I can't go ahead and pre-order.
------------------
unratedbanner.JPG

"We'd better not risk a frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur 93.2 AD

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Carpenter and "Rowdy" Roddy together again? Excellent news!
I was thinking about purchasing the version currently out...guess I'm going to have to wait a little longer. Great to see one of Carpenter's most underrated works getting the SE treatment.
BTW, what ever happened to Mr. Piper? Last time I saw him he was in one of those no-budget, late-night action movies you see all the time on HBO and Showtime.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! A They Live SE? I never thought I'd see the day. I've been wanting to pick up the currently available disc, but haven't yet. I will definitely pick up the SE. Does anyone know any more details about this? Release date? I'm sure it'll be anamorphic, right? Other extras?
Very cool.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

Winston Smith

Auditioning
Outstanding!
When the film first hit theaters i was an avid fan of pro wrestling. I bugged my parents non-stop to take me to see it. One of the few times i went with both my parents to a movie. I remember my father and i both getting a kick out of that ridiculous, seemingly neverending fistfight.
Certainly not Citizen Kane, but a fine bit of entertainment with a sly message.
Looking forward to this one.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Man, people always complain about that fight scene but I am here to say that that scene is one of my absolute favorite fight scenes! I love the pacing and the grit of the two fighters: they get hurt, worn down, and tired-- more like a real street fight than the legions of super-choreographed fight/dances in many other films.
Todd.
------------------
"He'll flip you, flip you for real."
[Edited last by Todd Terwilliger on August 13, 2001 at 10:55 PM]

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"I have come to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum!"
Now them's fightin' words! I smell an Ebay auction coming on...
------------------
"Fearless Freep?! That's mmma boy!"

Users who are viewing this thread