What's new

Carousel CD changers (1 Viewer)

Mike Marino

Auditioning
Hi all,

I'm in the market to replace my old Yamaha CD carousel, which suffered an ignominious fate at the hands of my 3-year-old. One thing that always annoyed me was how loud the transport was - does anyone have any recommendations for QUIET carousel changers in the $300 - $500 range? Thanks in advance...

Cheers, Mike.

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Just picked up a Sony 400 disc player - CPD-M555ES for $499 from J&R. Shipping cost another $20, so that may put you over your threshold. The unit is quiet and the LCD remote is worth it!

Regards -

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Michael's suggestion of a Sony ES megachanger is a good one. I have two Sony ES 300-disc megachangers (predecessor to the 400-disc models) daisy-chained, and they are great! However, if you want a smooth carousel, check out the Marantz models. The drawer on all three models is incredibly smooth and quiet. Marantz makes three models as follows:
CC3000: The base models sells for around $200.
CC4000: This player is better than the CC3000 all-around and sells for $250.
CC4000OSE: This is the best model of the three. "OSE" stands for "Original Special Edition". The CC4000OSE uses better internal parts than the CC4000. The typical price of the CC4000OSE is $400.
You should be able to get the CC3000 or CC4000 from www.hifi.com which is an authorized Marantz dealer. For the CC4000OSE, you will probably need to go to a brick-and-mortar dealer. I'm not sure where Madison, CT is, but if you are anywhere near New York City, you should check out Harvey Electronics. They show the CC4000OSE on their web site (www.harveyelectronics.com), but they only do mail order in their "area". The web site has a prompt that asks you to enter your zip code, and you will then be told if you are in their delivery region. Finally, Harvey has a store somewhere in CT.
Good luck!

Mike Marino

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll be checking out the Marantz' (as I already have an SR-19 and a DV4000, which I'm very pleased with).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks