What's new

Carnivale (Season 2)... (1 Viewer)

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Last night's episode was pretty creepy. That initial look from Celeste in the bedroom and ben's grandmother.

"Close your eyes, I've got something for you"

If Ben is wise I don't think he'll be going back for any holiday meals or family reunions. :)

And at the end when the new house girl shows up Justin has his glass of milk ready.

I think Iris is due for a fall next week- question is how will she respond. I'd watch my back if I was Dolan.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I liked;

"Come back any time, there's always room at the table fer kin"

Don't think he'll be going back.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Holy Schnikees! What an episode.. Ruthie sees dead people.. and tells about it.. Ben has one hell of a creepy run in with the mask maker (one of the creepiest scenes in the show..) and it appears Iris is being sold down the river..

Next week: Damascus, Nebraska..

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You were always the one reading the cards...

Damn, that was some creepy s*** right there!

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Not so sure Iris is done yet. Wonder how Dolan wrote her confession up- did he include her name? Maybe they are going to whack him and make it look like he left the confession??

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
absolutely nothing happened in this episode..it was so predictable it wasn't even funny

you knew dolan was gonna take the fall

and you get to spend the other 40 mins with the daly bros crew

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It looks like they're heading for a conclusion at the end of the season, which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Then again, I thought this episode was one of the best psychological episodes of the season, as the Ben/Sophie thing tends to parellel my thought of scudder/apollonia.. which would make that even creepier in and of itself.. (or maybe appalonia was just showing that to sophie in a dream to convey what she thought)

Anyway, that entire backstory, with appolonia taking over the snake charmer, as well as the basic end of a relationship with stumpy & the girls coming to what had to be a logical conclusion...

Yes, a lot of it played out as was expected (Tommy Dolan being setup) but it doesn't mean the payoff wasn't needed :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Definitely a slow episode, but we got quite a bit of development from all of the characters. Especially Ben/Sophie. Now Sophie is off wandering on her own, and if she is carrying Ben's baby, I'm sure they will all be frantically looking for her by the end of this season or sometime in the next.

I liked the Jonesy/Stumpy conflict. Brought some things to light and further developed the characters.

I knew Dolan was going down, but I was still surprised to see how it all happened. I also really liked how Justin gave Iris a pass as a punishment. No martyrdom for her :)

Great show. Can't wait until next week.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Yeah, "Where's the boy?!" That was probably the best scene of the episode.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Considering their intimate moment, I hope Scudder doesn't turn out to be both Ben and Sophie's father (could it have been he was raped Apolonia?).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Thos.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
who didn't see the dolan thing coming?

i'm wondering if it's not ben, but sophie(or maybe a little offspring of the two?) who's the real savior for this generation. and i loved how the consummation of their, you know(sophie sure seemed to feel something this time:b), caused it to begin raining. and brother justin's voice brought it to a halt, as quickly as it began.

i really liked this episode. sure, not much of the storytelling was advanced, but this show just has such a look, and feel, that it's impossible to not get caught up in it.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. What a great episode :emoji_thumbsup:

When it ended, I said "Oh come on". Only 46 minutes this week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wow, stuff happened in this episode! I love the show but it's generally a slower paced show (compared to 24, for example). This episode decided to pick up the pace.

The scene where Ben 'drains' the townspeople fixing Scudder's face was cool. You finally see Management's mangled form. Management is the father of Justin and Iris. And Samson has a big weiner according to his ex-wife:)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap. I totally did not see that coming;

Ben killing management?

Holy cow. Now I see in next week's preview that

Justin's tree tattoo spreads and has turned from brown to bright red..

Along with other happenings. My wife laughed out loud with the very frank discussion re: Jonesy..

The entire allusion to "let's do anal.. so that it'll be only for you, no tricks"

Hey, but I can't think of any program that referenced that kind of thing that bluntly.. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great episode! Management being Justin/Iris's father wasn't very surprising, but everything with Scudder and management in this ep was awesome. I loved Ben healing Scudder's face...as well as the flashbacks to Scudder burning his face.

Man, each week I say it, but I'll say it again...can't wait until next week. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks