What's new

Carnivale (Season 2)... (1 Viewer)

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator

I am still puzzled by that guy. He is in quite a few of the dream sequences so he must be an important piece of the puzzle.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I don't know that management IS to be believed. So, I don't yet buy that he was/is the Russian, and I don't buy that Scudder is evil.

SarahG

Second Unit

I love the "ride" of the show too -- that's a good way to describe it.

I rewatched this episode last night -- and curious about the significance of the "dream" or "flash of vision" or even...could it be "premonition" when Brother Justin is at his tree (before he actually finds it) and is face to face with the tattoo man? What does that signify I wonder?

SarahG

Second Unit
I think it's totally conceivable. Afterall, didn't Samson basically tell us in his opening monologue that Ben is the "most unlikeliest of saviours" or something?

LOVED that part -- the opening. Awesome way they open the seasons. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Yeah, it was implied it was Ben, but he didn't come right out and state it, so I think we're meant to assume he meant Ben. It could be intentional misdirection, though.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Here's an interesting thought about Ben and Scudder -- they could be Merovingians, who carry the bloodline of Christ. Since we have involvement of a group claiming to be Templars, this could be a distinct possibility. Also, there was a reference to Scudder's "holy blood."

Just my speculation, but spoilered just in case.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Nice call.

Anyone interested in that subjectTheres a coupel good books on that subject - I'll spoiler not to give anything away...

"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and "The Messianic Legacy"

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I dont think Ben is evil. his power he has would be considered a good power, not an evil one. Giving/repairing life while draining the life force of other living things becuse it would be used out of compassion.

Is it to be believed that Scutter has the same power as Ben?

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator

Yes. Ben tries to commit suicide in near the end of season 1 by slicing his neck with a knife. Scutter appears and heals his neck and says something like "it is not your time..."

Eric F

Screenwriter
I think the whole point of Mgt is to show that there is a very fine line between good and evil, and everyone makes their own choice.

So, if Ben has to kill a few people to save millions, then that's his choice. Mgt says as much.

RobertW

Supporting Actor

he did leave the whole mining town a ghost town. whether some aspect or result of draining life force, or something else, we don't know.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
There's also a slight spoiler in the commentary for the second episode on DVD. Knauf says "Boy, those tarot cards sure take a licking," referring to their having miraculously survived the fire.
Still no answer to what exactly the deal was between Apollonia and Sophie. If you'll recall, Appy had a conversation with Lodz where Lodz responded "She's the one? How long have you known" right before Appy starts the fire. Considering both people involved in that conversation are now dead, it looks like it'll remain a mystery. Another thing to consider is that when Apollonia mysteriously talks to Ben outside of her trailer, she tells him "You're the one." Is this the same "one" she later refers to Sophie as being?

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator

Remeber the part in season one where Sophie sees the vision of her mom getting raped by the tattoo man? She thinks that is her father... If so, maybe he has some kind of power and passed it on to Sophie thus Apollonia tells Lodzs "She's the one".

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I think it is quite explicit in it's meaning. Not too many "false suns over Trinity" in history besides the Manhattan Project. Plus, the vision that Ben had last episode was of the tower exploding at the Trinity test site. Now whether the story links into the actual Project remains to be seen.

Hmmm, who'll play Oppenheimer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks