What's new

Carnivale S2 (1 Viewer)

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
What the hell HBO?

They are terrible, absolutely terrible.

Aside from bare bones releases at high prices, delays a la Oz Season 6, and questionable releases like The Comeback (even though creator Dan Bucatinsky commented he was preparing materials for it, it may be 4 years until the release).

So to the point - where is Carnivale?

Aside from getting cancelled almost a year ago, the season 1 release was over a year ago now. Fine you want to stop a show short, but at least give the fans the ability to continue their love of the show on a well done DVD set!

I just hope that with these delays it doesn't come out on shelves BARE BONES, but alas, I'm sure it will, in addition to a 100.00 price tag.

So any news or rumors on this?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I've never been real happy with the HBO DVD's. They have been great shows, Sopranos & Six Feet Under, especially, but the prices are really on the high end, like the Star Trek series seasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since the show was cancelled, they have nothing to release the S2 DVD in conjunction with. Due to that, they'll just end up releasing it next year. Personally, I'm kinda glad that they're skipping the massive fall rush.

And no one pays retail price for any HBO series. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I hope this doesn't turn into a Twin Peaks S2 thing with constant delays. Whether they have a reason to speed up the release or not...they don't have a good reason not to release the DVDs. Season 1 was already out by this time last year and that took over a year to come out.

Tim B

Auditioning
It is rumored that Season 2 will be released in July. Not sure of the validy of this, but that is the current rumor.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to add something. If they want to charge such high prices, they should at least keep the original music.

Six Feet Under seasons 3, 4 and I'm sure the upcoming season 5 all have a generic remix of the opening theme instead of the excellent Pell Mell instrumental "nothing lies still long" as the song used for each episode's "previously on" segment.

It seems like not a big deal, and I wouldn't mind them replacing the song if they didn't charge 100 bucks a pop.

I realize nobody pays retail for HBO sets, but still... 35-40 for most shows that have original music and about 8 hours more content than the HBO shows (not to mention much more extras) is a much better deal than the 65-80 most HBO shows go for. If you want to jack up the price, keep the original music.

As much as I love most of what they release, HBO has got to be the most self-congratulatory studio in the world. Has anyone seen their ridiculous HBO survey? "Would you buy HBO products purely because of the name HBO?" "HBO strives for the best quality, when you are buying products, do you often compare them to HBO in terms of quality and presentation?" etc etc.

Rant over.

Where's season 2 of Carnivale? ;)

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I too would love to own this season of Carnivale! I am thinking that if they ever do a 'wrap up' episode or mini-series (there have been rumors) they might release it with that to help promote it. But it would be a great addition to my library.

I loved the first season on DVD and would love to see what happens next.

- Michael :)

Tim B

Auditioning
"Tim, where did you hear that rumor? I want to hear it, too!"

Somebody on the HBO forums said:

"Word from Dan Knauf is that Season 2 will be available sometime in March."

Then somebody on the IMDB forum said:

"Good News..Season 2 will be out on dvd. They are finishing up the commentaries and adding bonus footage so it will probobly come out in late July. There is a rumor that you will be able to pre-order it in late March at Amazon.com but thats just a rumor at the moment...time will tell"

I kind of doubt the March release because they probably would have announced it already. As I said, I'm not sure of the validity of it, but the fact that these rumors are starting to surface is a good sign. I have been waiting for this DVD release since the second season ended.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I loved this show so much. Fuck you very much HBO for cancelling it. I hope the person who made the decision rots in hell someday. That said, I will never be able to watch it again because I will only be able to think about the fact that we will never get to find out how things play out.

Too bad as I was looking forward to having a massive Carnivale marathon someday before the start of the third (sniff) season.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I read that the creator is possibly planning some kind of comic book series to wrap it all up.

HBO offered to do some kind of miniseries, but he said the way it was structured the series still had a timeline for something like 7 more years if I recall, and a 4 episode arc wouldn't cover it.

Tim B

Auditioning
According to TVShowsOnDVD.com Carnivale: Season 2 will be released in 2006. Hopefully it will be sooner then later.

(I would post a link, but I have not posted on this forum enough for the system to allow me to do so).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was just talking about this tonight. Good news that it's coming out this year. Hopefully it will be announced soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks