What's new

Careing for my car's Leather seats.. (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I have leather seats in my car and was going through the various leather products to treat it with today. I finally decided there were too many choices and I needed someone smarter than me to tell me what to do.

I have heard that Armor All can be detrimental. Saddle soap seems time consuming, and I'm not sure of any of the other treatments out there.

What do you use?

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Eric,

Go here: Griot's Garage

Try this:Leather cleaner

I have used this before on my old Jeep and Acura, and it works really well. I have also used their waxes, and they are good products as well. I would recommend both.

Hope this helps!:)

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with David, Lexol. The cleaner is apparently nothing more than liquid soap, but the conditioner is great. I've used it on my car, as well as my rollerblades (inside is lined with leather). Both still look good after lots of abuse.

Andrej

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I also use Lexol, the leather cleaner, then the conditioner. In FL, you can get it at Pep Boys. I haven't found it anywhere else.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I agree with the others in recommending Lexol. There's a guy (Ken King) who makes custom leather interior pieces for Corvettes and the only thing he uses is Lexol. This guy's work is second to none and I trust him more than anyone else when it comes to leather. I'm currently using Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner (which also works great) but I'll be trying the Lexol when I run out.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I forgot to add when applying the cleaner make sure you apply it evenly and throughly. I don't recommend rubbing real hard just light and even.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Another vote for Lexol, simply the best product I've ever used for cleaning my seats.

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using Armor-All leather seat wipes, but I really don't like them. They make the seats really slick, and people in the back seat slide all over. I'll have to try Lexol or Maguires.

(99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks