Cardboard "bands" for Walt Disney Treasures: Replacements?

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Has anyone been able to obtain replacement cardboard bands for the Walt Disney Treasures tins?

I lost them for Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. I and Silly Symphonies back in 2001 and I sort of need them to keep the tins together.

I'm thinking of contacting BVHE, but I want to know if anyone has tried this yet.

streeter

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
I could use replacements for the ones that came with the Wave 3 tins. I ordered them all from amazon, and each cardboard band had the security strip on it - practically ruining them.

Jeff Jacobson

Cinematographer
Reaction score

Was the security strip on the front of the band (covering the text) or on the back? The ones I got from Deep Discount DVD were on the back of the cardboard band.

I've read other stories of people ruining their bands when removing the security strip. I was curious why these strips need to be removed. Is it just because it looks better, or is there some other reason?

MatthewLouwrens

Producer
Reaction score
From DVD Pacific, two had the security strip on the front of the band, one had no band at all.

The fourth, which I bought from Amazon, had the strip on the back.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
i read somewhere that people were heating them up with blow dryers and then they peeled off really easy

Craig Beam

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
CraB
Those flimsy little bands are my one big gripe about these otherwise marvelous sets. Even when handled with care, they're eventually gonna get tattered and ripped... I'm half tempted to laminate them!

streeter

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
They were on the back of the band, covering Leonard Maltin's text.
I didn't know about the blowdryer trick.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Steve
The tins I picked up at the Disney Store (and later returned) had the strip on the outside of the band... hello Disney?

The ones from Best Buy had the strip on the inside of the band. I haven't tried to remove them yet.

To answer Patrick's original question, I don't know of anyone who has gotten new bands, but then again, I don't know how many have tried either.

Mark-W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Mark
The security tags were not vendor-specific. (I keep reading comments that make me suspect people think the stores stuck these on despite the fact that the whole thing, tin and band, was underneath a shrink-wrapped cover.) Whether they came from Costco, Amazon, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy, they had these on them, mostly on the backs.

(Man, why would the Disney Store get the ones that actaully damaged the look of the packaging! Bummer to say the least!)

I was able to remove mine with an exacto knife and while I did loose a bit of the skin of the back of the band, they are still fine from the front and no longer lumpy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.

yep it's disney's fault.
sheesh.

i cant imagine any way possible to get replacements for those cardbaord things.

and to avoid damage, just put them in the tin, as someone else mentioned.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Quote: "Those flimsy little bands are my one big gripe about these otherwise marvelous sets. Even when handled with care, they're eventually gonna get tattered and ripped..."

They aren't that bad, are they? What's your idea of "handling with care"? If really handled with care I think they WILL stay quite all right...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derpok