Carada screens for projectors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Menoni, Feb 7, 2005.

1. John Menoni

John Menoni Stunt Coordinator

I see this company has a product that is similar to the quality of Stewart and Da Lite for a fraction of the price. It is about time. I read some reviews and it looks like this is the real deal. I know where I am going to get my screen from as soon as I get my projector.

John

2. terence

terence Supporting Actor

Carada is a great value, and i love mine![​IMG]

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Make sure the screen material has a black backing when you get it. Retains so much more light output. I've seen a few of the carada that didn't have it.

(I'm conducting some experiments to see what the black backing does ... or does not do for an image ...)

Regards

4. John Menoni

Thanks guys! I have made up my mind to get the 88' carada 16:9 screen. I will inquire about the backing. Terrence, beautiful theater! Nice job.

5. terence

terence Supporting Actor

I think you will be pleased with your descesion, and the customer service is outstanding! Thx buddy for the kind words.

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    John:

I have seen the Carada in use with an Infocus 7205 and the picture was fantastic. I am sure that you are going to love yours too.

Post some pics when you get done installing it.

Parker

7. John Menoni

Peter, will do. Hopefully it looks half as good as Terrences theater. What you said about the customer service is an understatement. Over the past couple days I was emailing a guy named David at Carada screens. Not only did he make me a custom screen that fits in my troubled screen spot, for the same price as a similar sized regular sized screen. He also gave me all kinds of great advise on the projector placement and other crucial things that had to be planned out. I basically have all the planning done largely thanks to his help. I couldn't give them a stronger reccomendation.

John Menoni

8. MarkHughes

MarkHughes Stunt Coordinator

Although you made up your mind, I want to tell you: I bought the Carada 92" high contrast grey screen while on the Forum meet in Cali last year. I am using the BenQ 8700+ with it and absolutely LOVE IT! Easy assembly and installation and the picture looks great (just need to get the cash together to have Gregg come down and I will never leave the house!). I am pleased I went with the Carada and I am sure you will be as well.

9. John Menoni

Greg actually got me set up with a 93 inch screen. I am so excited to see what the final product looks like. I am like a kid in a candy store. I haven't watched the Star Wars trilogy on DVD yet because I am waiting to see it with the projector. Episode V The Empire Strikes Back will be the first movie shown in the Menoni Home Theater! I can't wait. My wife can't wait to hear me stop talking about it.[​IMG]

10. MarkHughes

MarkHughes Stunt Coordinator

My wife was the same way but only agreed to let me upgrade to the screen and projector if the first movie shown was Moulin Rouge...

and by the way, the 93" screen is what I have as well... its 45 x 80 with a 2" frame... screen is 92" but the dimensions with the frame make it 93". (by the way, I love the look and practicality of the 2" frame)