What's new

Carada Screen Review! If your thinking screens, read first! (1 Viewer)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hi all! I am finally able to write my review of Carada...the company and the screen. I am not affiliated with Carada in any way, as I am writing a review solely on my thoughts and impressions of the owner, Davis Giles, and the product he sold me (104" Carada Classic Cinema White 1.0 Gain screen).

First off, I must say that David is a very friendly person. He is quick and responsive to his email, and to the posts about questions reverting back to his products. I feel he is on the lines of an "SVS" type customer service level *thumbs up*

The package arrived in good condition from Airbourne Express...well taped, and sealed, which was a good indication that the contents were safe from the elements up here in MN:)

As I opened the box, there was bubble wrap upon bubble wrap upon sheaths, upon foam lining...amazing packaging job!! Nothing was harmed and everything was intact..whew! I started with the framing, taking it out of the sheaths piece by piece...I could tell this was "well constructed."

Putting the frame together was about as easy as pounding a nail in...everything was labeled and EVERY screw hole was dead on! The frame was a very nice fit, leaving no gaps, and a wonderful look! The felt covering the steel really adds to the character of the screen. With the frame complete, out came the screen portion...and WOW was it packed well...rolled up and protected the whole way through.

Attachment to the frame was simple..line up the "labeled" sides and snap away! Piece of cake...the snaps were perfectly aligned and the screen came out with a great tension...no ripples, no slack!

At the end I will include a website for the posted pictures of my experience with Carada step by step...all in all...25 minutes! The screen is up and looks fabulous! The steel is very strong and holds up very well in my scenario.

For all of you's wondering about the "WAF", she was VERY impressed with it, as were the others in my family from 2 years old, to 75!:)

Now the question--> How does it look with the infocus SP7200? Wonderful! I have had many compliments on the images thrown at it...I have questioned people about black levels, eye strain, and overall thoughts on the images being thrown. Some of the words/phrases that I've heard---> Vivid, ---> Just like looking at a real fishtank (finding nemo dvd)---> far better picture than my 55" mitsubishi hdtv, ---> very detailed, blacks actually look black!

Yes, many can say that because it is a 6-7k front projector, it will look good, BUT with a poor screen, unmatched, things will look very different...the correct blend makes a perfect picture in my setting.

What about Stewart, and Dalite...? I, and 4 others went through 7 samples... fire/grayhawk, HCCV, HCDM, and 2 other carada samples...without me talking first, every one of them picked the 1.0 Carada hands down. Remember, room setup, FP, and ambient light differ in every scenario...I am glad I took the opportunity to view these samples because the 1.0 Carada was meant for my room!

Overall, I say hats off to David Giles, and Carada..they make a wonderful product at a reasonable price. Great customer service, and the knowledge to help you with mounting ideas, decisions on screen types for your FP, and even throw in a little SVS conversation to boot! I want to personally thank David, great guy, great company! If you are on the fence..worried about quality, thinking his pricing has something to do with it being lower than others, think again! Don't be afraid to try his samples out...you may save yourself some money doing so! (nice size samples too!) Move over Stewart/dalite, carada's comin up! If you have any questions, feel free to email meat [email protected] or contact david---> [email protected]

This is a review from my perspective...Stewart and dalite both make good quality screens as I have seen...but in my case, this one suited me perfectly, and saved me a few $ in the process. Here is the webite for the pictures...please check them out to get more of the feel for the construction, and ease of the screen.... Carada review starts on page 4:) Thanks! Tom L.

http://home.mchsi.com/~toml/wsb/html...tos.html-.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks