Well, I had a first today. I went to start my car and as I turned on the ignition - no power and semi-loud explosion from the hood area. It seems my battery blew its caps but there did not look to be any fluid anywhere - the caps were not disheveled. I have a Lexus ES300 with about 60,000 miles and I have never had any hint of trouble and I just had it maintanenced at my long-term dealer. I have never encountered such a problem before: do I just change the battery or is there something else involved? If I buy a battery what's a good brand or does it matter? How do I dispose of the battery without getting any acid or fluid on me? I have always maintained the car perfectly and never missed a service trip. Have always had good luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.