Car sub enclosure plan?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by GeorgeHolland, Mar 21, 2005.

1. GeorgeHolland

My son found an old but never used SoundStream SS 10 Reference Subwoofer down in my basements and wants me to help him build a sub enclosure. He lost the specs the last time he looked at the sub and all I know is that it is a 10” sub with 4 OHM minimum printed on the magnet. I had originally planned an isobaric design about 13 years ago but ended up having a single sub enclosure built and have had this extra sub around ever since. I don’t know how the sub rates today but back then it was about as good as you could get.

He listens to rap so I imagine he will want a ported box. He is driving a 1997 Honda Accord. I would put the box in the trunk with the speaker and port firing through the rear seat arm rest which opens up to the trunk.

Can someone point me to a web site, some simple plans, or recommend port size and length for tuning and volume for the enclosure? His musical tastes are very different from mine and while it will hurt me to build for the awful big booming base he is looking for rather than my preference for clean tight sound.

I have emailed SoundStream tech support to see if they can email me the specs if that makes much difference for what my son is looking for.

Thanks for any help you can give.

George

2. Mitch N

Mitch N Stunt Coordinator

3. GeorgeHolland

Thanks. I glanced at the manual page but didn't see the link.